Brake Question

LS1218

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently had Ceramic brake pads and slotted rotors(Brake Motive) installed on my LS about a month ago. For about 2-3 weeks I heard no noise at all. Now I keep hearing a high pitch sound after I drive for about 20 minutes. It only occurs when I apply the brakes at low speeds into a complete stop. Is this normal or could it be another issue

I recently had Ceramic brake pads and slotted rotors(Brake Motive) installed on my LS about a month ago. For about 2-3 weeks I heard no noise at all. Now I keep hearing a high pitch sound after I drive for about 20 minutes. It only occurs when I apply the brakes at low speeds into a complete stop. Is this normal or could it be another issue

Forgive me for asking a stupid question here: Did you use the stop squeak stuff on the pads, or whatever its called? If you did, you could have some dirt, a rock, etc something in there causing the noise.

I install ceramic pads on all my vehicles because they are quiet. Ive never heard of anyone having noisy ceramics if properly lubed. This concerns me because I just got the 06 and I was looking at the brake motive upgrade as well.

Brake Motive

SCJMC No Worries ive had the brake motive up grade pads and rotors for almost a year with no problems.
Stops on a dime with no noises.
Mike

Thanks Mike. I hope LS1218 solves his problem with grease, and its not the ceramic compound.

I've had my Akebono Euro ceramic pads on all 4 corners and they don't make any noise. Even at a low-speed creep they are silent.

Members online

No members online now.
Back