Steff's Lincoln vs Blown 408 Mustang ROLL - YouTube

Steff's Lincoln VS LS1 Camaro - YouTube

Steff's Lincoln vs Blown 408 Mustang DIG - YouTube

Well this is what happened today:

405569_3879855707252_484519400_n.jpg

581025_3879859627350_1647986905_n.jpg

292419_3879882187914_1902704358_n.jpg

376306_3879889588099_2102304166_n.jpg

We are guessing the fuel line burst and hit the hot exhaust.

Cab filled with smoke. I pulled over threw the hood up, it wasn't coming from there. I opened the passenger door, lifted up the rear seat and fire burst out at me. (the fuel pump access is located under the rear seat). I ran over to the drivers side, used my leather coat and reached in to grab the nitrous bottle. I pulled it Hard to try to get it out, it did not work. By that time, only seconds, the drivers seat was in flames and my coat burned up in my hands. I hit the truck button on the door, ran to the truck and started throwing the tools out. It was to no avail as I was quickly being overcome with smoke. I ran away only to watch the car burn to the ground. I walked away with burnt hair and small burns on my hand. I was the only occupant.

Over the past couple months we had done a lot more work to the car. Watching all our hard work burn to the ground is more than upsetting. Especially when we didn't even get a chance to try out all the new found HP.

I completely feel your pain. I didn't have my 94 modded like the one you had but I did have many hours of work into it and a lot of money invested, just to watch it burn within 2 minutes. Good thing you weren't hurt badly and or killed so be thankful for that. Hate to see another one burned to the ground but it happens and sometimes, it can't be explained.

wow, complete flame job, glad nobody was hurt. from someone whos done alot, blowing, wrecking,etc i havent done that yet,or want to anyways, sorry.

Hmm I've been debating making a pump access door. That sucks man, glad you're ok

man thats terrible. glad you got away with only minor burns, and hopefully you can build another one, because cars are replaceable. really sorry bout that and always hate to see it :(

Oh man. Like everyone else, I'm really sorry to hear that. That REALLY sucks. :( The good news is you're ok, and there will be other cars to build. I can't imagine what it's like to see that happen so fast to a car you've put so much time and work into. I think all of us here know just how much someone can love their cars, and we all share your pain.

That sucks
I always loved watching those vids
Time to start again at least i hope you build another.

Damn, worst thing ever that could happen to your car. Good to see you are okay, its just such a waste...

Sorry for the loss man, I know it must be hard knowing how much work you put into it..just curious, what did this car run? Did you ever post any build threads about it, I'd like to see what all was done to it.

I think I'm going to buy an extra fire extenguisher now, I already keep 1 in the trunk. Its one of those tiny ones that they give you when you rent an apartment

Thanks for all the kind words!

The rundown on the car:

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII
-'96 Mark VIII long block
-'97 Cobra Intake Cams & '03 Cobra Exhaust cams
-'98 Cobra Intake w/ IMRC deletes
-30lb Injectors
-255lph fuel pump
-Electric Water Pump
-UDP
-Deleted Emissions crap
-CAI
-MSD wires
-Stock manifolds w/ no cats & 2.5" E-cutout
-Edge 4000 stall
-TransGo shift kit
-4.56 gears w/ trac-lok
-Custom SCT tune
-Custom Nitrous Kit
-Custom Methanol Kit
-NOS Mini 2 stage progressive
-LC1 Wideband
-315/45R16 ET Street rear tires
-Coil Converted suspension

In the video's I posted it did not have the Cobra Intake on it yet, and it was on a 60shot up until a week ago. I finished the Methanol system and upped the shot to 150. It was quick.

I was driving it trying to diagnose a "stumble" issue. Guess it was fuel related.

Thanks for all the kind words!

The rundown on the car:

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII
-'96 Mark VIII long block
-'97 Cobra Intake Cams & '03 Cobra Exhaust cams
-'98 Cobra Intake w/ IMRC deletes
-30lb Injectors
-255lph fuel pump
-Electric Water Pump
-UDP
-Deleted Emissions crap
-CAI
-MSD wires
-Stock manifolds w/ no cats & 2.5" E-cutout
-Edge 4000 stall
-TransGo shift kit
-4.56 gears w/ trac-lok
-Custom SCT tune
-Custom Nitrous Kit
-Custom Methanol Kit
-NOS Mini 2 stage progressive
-LC1 Wideband
-315/45R16 ET Street rear tires
-Coil Converted suspension

In the video's I posted it did not have the Cobra Intake on it yet, and it was on a 60shot up until a week ago. I finished the Methanol system and upped the shot to 150. It was quick.

I was driving it trying to diagnose a "stumble" issue. Guess it was fuel related.

I guess you "stumbled" upon the issue dude! Man you just made me look away from NOS or Methanol big time. Again I'm so sorry for your loss dude. I know it's not life but loosing a Mark this way isn't fair at all.

The fire originated from the fuel pump hanger area. The Nitrous and Methanol were in the front of the car. The fire had nothing to do with either. In fact the engine bay was the last area of the car to burn.

Again. The Nitrous and/or Methanol had NOTHING to do with the fire. It was a FUEL fire.

Members online

Back