Freakin A

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Heard a snap house shakes and hear a thud. Wonder hmm how much is this gonna cost? Found this on wives LS.
005-13.jpg

Did this to the windshield and roof.
002-25.jpg

At least I didn't take it on the head.

Damn. I am feeling your pain from here. My guess? $1800-$2100.

ouch. At least no one was in the car. Does this fall under "act of god"?

Edit: The invincible sunroof strikes again!

Did you check the moonroof to make sure it is still functioning?

Ahh man, so sorry to see this, what can you do ...

and yeah, the sun roof again, amazing !!!

I have two large pines in my driveway and with some high winds I've watched those and wondered where they would land when they do decide to snap. luckily they seem to go in the direction of my neighbors roof, so my LS should be OK. I also insist my wifes car is always parked nearest the pine trees so I don't get that sticky sap all over my ride.

One of these days I'm going to have to get them pines removed somehow,
they are beggin to snap in half ... it's been worrying me as well.

best of luck with the fix,
sorry to see ...

Ahh man, so sorry to see this, what can you do ...

and yeah, the sun roof again, amazing !!!

I have two large pines in my driveway and with some high winds I've watched those and wondered where they would land when they do decide to snap. luckily they seem to go in the direction of my neighbors roof, so my LS should be OK. I also insist my wifes car is always parked nearest the pine trees so I don't get that sticky sap all over my ride.

sorry to see ...

LMFAO... screwing over your wife... love that.

that's right and I keep her down in the basement too, we call it her appartment.

j/k

:: insert M4rk's BigRigLS troll pic here ::

sorry to see ...

I got rid of my pines as the roots are so shallow. A good ground soak and high winds are a recipe for destruction. I've taken down as many as I could but still have some in the back yard.

That windshield is gonna cost, you might get a price from giant but looks like body work.

I use a body man in Derry NH... His prices are reasonable.

If you need his info, pm me

Ouch. Maybe it will buff out? Seriously though you might be able to pop it back out from the inside like you suggested. Hopefully the part that seals to the windshield is not bent.

It got the drivers fender a tiny spot I can live with. It buckled the 2 front corners by sunroof also didn't see those last night. Got the channel that windshield is in too. Just got back from estimate.

I got rid of my pines as the roots are so shallow. A good ground soak and high winds are a recipe for destruction. ...

We have long needle pines around here. I don't know how deep their roots go, but I do know that when removing the stumps, they stop digging after six to eight feet and cut them off. They just go straight down. I don't know if they ever go out to the sides. Still, I no fan of them either.

It got the drivers fender a tiny spot I can live with. It buckled the 2 front corners by sunroof also didn't see those last night. Got the channel that windshield is in too. Just got back from estimate.

Man that sucks!!! A person that knows how to use a set of body tools could probably get all of that out. Maybe a custom shop would be better. On the bright side, think of the opportunity here. You could get a complete roof from another LS, and be the first person with a chopped top. :cool: While you're at it, louver the hood too. :D

Man that sucks!!! A person that knows how to use a set of body tools could probably get all of that out. Maybe a custom shop would be better. On the bright side, think of the opportunity here. You could get a complete roof from another LS, and be the first person with a chopped top. :cool: While you're at it, louver the hood too. :D

I just want car srt8 and one color. lol

We have long needle pines around here. I don't know how deep their roots go, but I do know that when removing the stumps, they stop digging after six to eight feet and cut them off. They just go straight down. I don't know if they ever go out to the sides. Still, I no fan of them either.

Pines in general tend to have one very long tap root and then a network of shallow roots. The tap root definitely isnt enough to hold them down in really bad weather. There really isnt even any need to get rid of the shooter roots, just the tap root and the tree and your good.

Pines in general tend to have one very long tap root and then a network of shallow roots. The tap root definitely isnt enough to hold them down in really bad weather. There really isnt even any need to get rid of the shooter roots, just the tap root and the tree and your good.

I haven't seen very many uprooted, but I have seen a whole bunch snapped off a few feet above the ground. (The ground is hard clay mostly around here.) In any event, they don't provide much shade, they do provide much pollen, and pine straw burns like gasoline.

@ Right on the Mark,

not sure if you are going through your insurance or not but try looking at the small print on your house policy.

Most of the time, there is coverage for items that are on or around the house.

as in, something parked in your laneway, guest or your own.

if you don't have full coverage on the LS, the house policy might cover it.

I know with mine, there is coverage for anything that's on my property even if it's not mine.

for instance, if you were to visit me and slipped and broke a leg, it would be covered.
as well, if my tree snapped and fell on your roof, whether, your roof of house or car,
it be covered.

Most home policies are underwritten as to cover damaged on personal properties on the premises, guest, neighbor or self.

I know this well, as I had enquired about it as well, I had asked them to hi-light it to me in all that small print.

I'm just over 3 grand a year, on 3 cars and 1 home.
my policy even covers us, if we f*ck up away from our home somehow.

... but then again, I'm talking my Canadian policy VS. yours elsewhere.

~ just saying.

and I best get on those trees, they are too damn tall for my liking and they will snap one day. ounce of prevention.

BigRig might have a point. My policy covers any vehicles on my property that I do not own. I suppose every policy is different.

Update got the quote. I was surprised at only 1850 and 366 of that is the windshield. No new roof or it would have totaled out the car. Wife works at Liberty Mutual so it only cost 100 dollars out of pocket. It went on the car policy none of our cars are tied to homeowners policy.Thanks for support.

Members online

Back