22K mile 95

keVIIIn

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was on autotrader the other day and came across this 95 mark viii for sale locally at a dealer..it was 4 miles from my house and I had nothing to do one afternoon so i took a drive over to check it out.

I was trying my hardest to avoid the scamming car salesmen but the car was nowhere to be found outside so I was forced to go in and ask someone about the car. Had one of the salesman walk me into the shop where it was on a lift getting tires put on it..I asked him what the price was since it was "unlisted" online..(figures it would be) and he tells me $7995. I tried my hardest to not say anything but all I could do was laugh and say yea it ain't worth that much, and then he tried giving me his spiel..but anyways the thing was clean as hell which I would expect with 22K original miles..only thing wrong with it I could find was the rear bumper was tapped in the center and was scratched, but you could practically eat off the underneath of the car it was so clean and rust free, leather was spotless with not a single wrinkle or crack in the seats, also had equally clean chrome 20 spokes..I know its nice but not 8 grand nice especially since its a 1st gen, I'd say 5-6k tops, what do yall think?

IMAG1157.jpg

IMAG1156.jpg

IMAG1159.jpg

IMAG1161.jpg

IMAG1158.jpg

IMAG1160.jpg

and just thought I'd throw in this poor 96 I saw yesterday :(

IMAG1163.jpg

We all know that price is far too much. However, that does look to be in really, really good shape.

Kevin, these comes up from time to time. One came up like this here last year, but the car was a 94. The price of the car is really don't matter, because we all know they wont budge on their price. We all know they are experts and they all know what they are talking about. :rolleyes: One thing is for sure, they took that car in on trade, and probably being nice to the customer gave $3k for the trade. That car no doubt will not sell for the price they want. If you were really interested, bypass the salesman, and go straight to the man in charge. Pre-ODBII Marks are not that valuable. But I think $4000 plus TTL is fair.

If i was looking for that color combo and year i would pay $6500.
To start modding a car that clean would be awesome.
But i prefer gen 2 and not that color so that drops the price for me to around 4k.

If i was looking for that color combo and year i would pay $6500.
To start modding a car that clean would be awesome.
But i prefer gen 2 and not that color so that drops the price for me to around 4k.

I'd say about $4,000 also. That car being as old as it is and not having any miles on it is trouble waiting to happen. Just when it starts hitting the road daily, no telling what you're going to encounter week after week. I bet the tires that were being removed were original 1995 tires and dry rotted just like the air suspension probably is from just sitting all the time and not being used.

It is a very clean car though. I have to give it that. That color interior just ain't for me and I don't see no more than $6K coming for that car if it does sell. I do know it won't be any of us buying it. We cheap!

No way that would be a daily driver for me. It would be strictly a weekend/good weather car with an occasional car show.

I'd be more then willing to pay $7000 for a car in that condition...but for me and why I'd pass...colour combination...and at 22,000miles...car was stored properly used rarely..and sure most would be hard pressed to have any major issues for another 40-50,000 miles

The car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. KBB is not the end all be all of car values, it's just a guide.

Oh ya kbb isnt the best to go by, and the car was a trade in, I asked the salesman..and told him "lemme guess you guys gave him half what you're asking" and he of course stumbled and didn't know what to say. Judging by the lack of surface underneath I'd say it was stored in a heated garage with no moisture so it shouldn't have too many issues, but I could see the air bags dry rotting and having to be replaced..the tires were original which is why they replaced them also. I love the color but that interior kills it for me..I'd love it if it had black interior. I swear you had to specially order that combo because I NEVER see ivory with black..Lincoln probably refused make that combo because they thought it wouldn't be attractive for the old people buying it..but for some reason they think the light cream ivory interior is better..eww god I hate that color, shows dirt the second you sit in the drivers seat. It's just a shame someone will buy it that knows nothing about marks and just sees it as a relatively cheap car with low mileage..give it two years and it will turn up beat to death in a junk yard.

If I were not getting ready to buy my wife a brand new car in a few weeks I would consider it just to keep it out of the hands of some young dumb kid who would destroy it.

I can understand the price - heck, the dealer I work for just sold a 90-something Continental with 79k for $6500.

Gas prices the way they are seems to knock the value down too.
But I agree with the other comment about them not nudging...I've seen some that sit for months at a dealer before they finally take less.

Even if the air ride goes bad quickly....on this car I'd consider that (conversion) one of the easiest, cheapest fixes, compared to some other things.

I'd offer him 5k and tell him he's got two weeks, then it goes down to 4500. Lol.

When I was in the market, there was (and probably still is) a 30k mile Mark VIII in Louisville for $12,000.

check out these shenanigans..I was scrollin through the bay and came acorss an eerily familiar mark viii, I checked out the pictures and immediately noticed the scratch on the rear bumper that I previously posted on here and knew it was the same car..and somehow it made its way out to florida. The car was for sale for just under $8K 3 months ago at a buick dealer by me..and now this dealer just upped it to $11K. What's next? Is it going out to the west coast now where another dealer will buy it and try and flip it for $14K??

Bought mine with 24k for 3. Just as clean other than a couple of dents.

I would pay $5k for it... so damn clean.

I hope to buy a Gen 2 in that condition someday, keep it perfect.

check out these shenanigans..I was scrollin through the bay and came acorss an eerily familiar mark viii, I checked out the pictures and immediately noticed the scratch on the rear bumper that I previously posted on here and knew it was the same car..and somehow it made its way out to florida. The car was for sale for just under $8K 3 months ago at a buick dealer by me..and now this dealer just upped it to $11K. What's next? Is it going out to the west coast now where another dealer will buy it and try and flip it for $14K??

There is a Napleton dealership on the west coast of Florida. I believe it's in Naples of Ft. Myers.

Members online

Back