What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Tightened the shifter handle, darn thing was loose as a goose. Not sure how I just noticed it. :confused:

How do you tighten it? Mine moves a little left to right.

On a gen2 theres 2 torx screws on the shaft underneath the plastic cover, right below where the leather ends on the handle. Stick something somewhat thin, sturdy and dull inbetween the two as to not damage anything. You might beable to carefully grab it and pull down an inch or so. Once you get it to move down a little you'll see the top screw, you'll now need to put the key in and turn it to acc so that you can fully press the shifter button in. Keep it pressed in and the plastic cover will slide down enough to tighten the bottom screw. If you let go of the button the cover will pop back up thus blocking the lower screw.

Once tightned just pull the plastic cover up the shaft and it'll seat back in place.

P.s. It'll take about 2-10 minutes. Good luck.

picture.php
[/IMG]

Took the Mark VIII for a car wash and got a flat . Oh yeah , and thats my Avalanche in the back.

Haven't done much to the Mark in a while. Too many other issues to deal with lately...

But on a lighter note, and totally non-Mark VIII related:), here's something you don't see every day:

stu%27s11%20copy.jpg

1964 Mercury Monterey Breezeway RANCHERO:eek:

stu%27s11%20copy.jpg

Me and my father has gone abit overboard with Fords.
288654_10151042830531236_2147002547_o.jpg

The cars on the driveway right now, his 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra isn't showed in the picture, it's in the garage.

I wish this would be the typical driveway in Sweden instead of Volvos and Saabs :)

cats

crawled under my 94 this morning - cut the right pipe off behind the cat,,, was afraid i would twist the flange bolts off of the manifold --
took a wafer wheel to the left flange bolts behind the cat and the flange behind the resonator -- cut the bottom out of the y - 3rd cat,, knocked the material out of all 3 cats -
welded bottom back in the 3rd cat and welded the right pipe back in ,,, replacing the flange bolts and hit the road! wwwwaaaaaaaaaaAaAAaAAAaAAAAAAA!!!
CHIRP ,, WaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa !!!!! :steering
mufflers next! :D ----- :headbang:

kisses.jpg

Started tearing her apart for the stereo installation.
20120805_181211.jpg

20120805_181218.jpg

And gave her a wash underneath, damn she's in good shape! Almost zero rust and it's a 130k car.
And meanwhile I was washing her underneath I washed the whole thing. And cleaned the wheels.
20120805_181307.jpg

20120805_181253.jpg

They came out pretty damn clean! :)
20120805_181326.jpg

Well after 5 years I've finally managed to rack up 20k. 56k more till I hit my goal of 200k, It could take a while. :(

Drove my mark to the Sunday cars and coffee meet ,On the way home
Stopped to get parts for the Camaro and serviced the tranny
My ol Z has been sitting 2 years , but she's almost ready.

zomg! some wheels are on backwards! :D

and i did nothing. absolutely nothing.
did help put some ported and polished heads on a 92 taurus SHO though.
now that it has more power, the motor mounts are getting worse and worse. so they are next.

Did my UCA's LCA's inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links, and SRB's today also using the LOW mile front struts from DLF I used my good bags on them and holy CRAP what a difference actual ford front struts make!! Tomorrow its the Cobra bilstines for the rear along with new links and bushings!

Did my UCA's LCA's inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links, and SRB's today also using the ZERO mile front shocks from DLF I used my good bags on them and holy CRAP what a difference actual ford front shocks make!! Tomorrow its the Cobra bilsteins for the rear along with new links and bushings!

Fixed that for you. :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back