4 Door Mustang

95mark8newyork

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Saw an article today on Road & Track. Ford will be adding a 4 door sedan to the Mustang lineup. Idk about anyone else but I think a 4 door mustang is a terrible idea. It doesnt look too bad but its going to be heavy as hell and I think its a disgrace to Mustangs. You can still get a normal coupe or vert. Heres the article-
http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars/first/2014-ford-mustang-sedan/gallery

Whats your opinions on the new 4 door mustang? And once they start making the 2015s, you wont even think its an American car, its going completely Euro

I think the idea SUCKS.

+1

Go figure. It's Ford. They've done this before on cars that have traditionally been 2-doors: the T-Bird, Cougar, even the Marks could be had in 4-door from 1980-83 (plus if you count the 1-off Mark III, or the 1958-60 "Marks" that were available in 4-doors).

Back in 1967 Ford made the same mistake with the tbird, and you see how that turned out.
Bob.

The pics make the car look like something from Australia.

There was a time that Ford was serious about calling a certain mini-van the Mustang X.

I think the concept is crap for the mustang but think of what Lincoln could do with it!

I don't think the mustang will ever add 2 more doors.
If they wanna add a 4 door performer than they need to bring the falcon to the states.

I don't think the mustang will ever add 2 more doors.
If they wanna add a 4 door performer than they need to bring the falcon to the states.

Agreed.

But if they do...... anyone have a baby I can punch?

I think its a great idea. Bring the Australian Falcon to the US!
The Australian Falcon isn't likely to be going anywhere--the current projections are that Ford will cease production in Oz in 2016 (Ford of Australia will still do design and engineering, but the cars will all be imported). Even in its current decrepit state, Lincoln handily outsells the three RWD cars Ford builds in Australia, if that tells you anything.

Members online

Back