Official: Stance Coilover Thread

Bull, your :q:q:q:q is crazy low now.

You REALLY need to lift up those rears though.

But in all honesty, even with all 4 set to the highest dampening level, the ride isn't as harsh as I was expecting.

Looking great!!!

I dont think he's installed the rear coilovers yet.

I'm just thinking that if the front is that low and the coil-over is at it's max height that damn, that might make street use a little difficult. I got speed bumps that are 3-4" tall. It would really suck to start smacking the car on them.

Interesting to see what the ride-height ends up being with the rears in. The car is basically sitting hill-jacked since the rears are so high. That makes the front bumper that much closer to the ground.

Still buying a set, but might save them for after I pick up a navigator for a new daily driver. The roads aren't that bad around here but there's always that section where they are crap like what you ran into.

I'm just thinking that if the front is that low and the coil-over is at it's max height that damn, that might make street use a little difficult. I got speed bumps that are 3-4" tall. It would really suck to start smacking the car on them.

The Good
Fronts went on like a champ. They look fantastic and right out the box you are lower then eibach height with several inches of throw left to go lower or higher.

Several inches lower or higher. Someone needs to 4x4 these and take some pictures.

As much as I want to see the pics, I am equally interested in hearing a report on street use after a few weeks of driving.

I can tell you right now if you run them stiff like I have been you will love it on freeways and smooth roads.

Everywhere else you will feel like you are in a lowrider. It's bouncy as hell so if you find that uncomfortable you will need to soften them up.

Rears are in. I will be doing a full proper shoot if the weather cooperates later today or tomorrow

5eb18040d8af11e1a1fa22000a1c00cf_7.jpg

Could you do a stock height to fully slammed comparison?

I drive mostly on 4 lanes and interstates. My backroad driving is usually on smooth road as well. Great to hear.

Could you do a stock height to fully slammed comparison?

I'm going to try and find another LS at stock height to take pictures with so you can see them in a full side profile shot and from the front/rear

Not even close. It's in the middle'ish. Both the front and rear have several inches of play either way in them

How high is the max relative to the stock ride height? I would not want to become a snow plow in winter :(

I'm going to try and find another LS at stock height to take pictures with so you can see them in a full side profile shot and from the front/rear

I meant the stock height of the stance coilovers. Is it a 1 inch drop? Basically I want to see what the highest setting is compared to the lowest.

There is no such thing as a stock height for these. They are adjustable coilovers :)

If you wanted these and to keep your car at stock height you could. They were designed and spec'd originally to be able to keep an LS from stock height all the way down to slam on an OEM 17. Nobody should be concerned about how high they go

Now I am interested. I can still maintain my stock height on stock rims PLUS gain adjustability on ride and height for approx $500 over stock,Motorcraft replacements plus labor? (give or take)

How long will the "lvc" discount last?

You say you've ridden on these and it feels like a lowrider but it can be softened up. How soft will they go? I like tight handling and normally go for sports cars, but we went with a Lincoln for the soft, cushy ride due to a back injury. Can you try them on a soft setting and compare how they ride with how the stock shocks rode? Thanks.

How long will the "lvc" discount last?

I doubt they will be taking away anytime soon. The impression I got was most of their platforms have an online price on their site and also a "forum" price for those who know about it.

You say you've ridden on these and it feels like a lowrider but it can be softened up. How soft will they go? I like tight handling and normally go for sports cars, but we went with a Lincoln for the soft, cushy ride due to a back injury. Can you try them on a soft setting and compare how they ride with how the stock shocks rode? Thanks.

I tried them on their lowest dampering setting and they do not feel like OEM shocks + OEM springs. They don't feel as firm and harsh as my car with OEM Shocks + Eibachs either though. So the shock is overcompensating somewhat for the increased spring rate but not enough to make it feel OEM comfortable. If that makes any sense.

You have to understand these have much smaller springs then OEM with 12k and 13k spring rates. So even with the dampening turned down you will still have a harsher ride since you have less suspension travel, whether you lower 6 inches or keep them at stock height. Most people use these kind of coilovers to make their car handle well on a track. You really can't have the best of both worlds with all the comfort of the OEM ride and the handling of a sports car, it's just not possible.

I vote you drive it to Columbus in a few weeks so we can meet up for lunch, pics, and a ride in that thing. Tom is doing a project for me so that would be a good way for everyone to get together and I can just pick up my harnesses from him.

*As a caution*

If anyone wants these to lower their car real low. I hope you like buying tires. Or can find someone to do some custom fab work.

The lowest person around here who has measured was Jwall on his cut Eibachs and he was at 25.75 and 25.50" respectively front and rear. When I went in to try and get aligned I was sitting just under 23.75 inches front and 24.25 inches rear and had them raise up the rears a tad.

They could not even get my car close to factory spec levels in terms of camber. I currently have 1.6 degrees of camber up front (down from over 3 degrees) and my rears have 2.7 degrees. Factory specs allow for .4 -.7 front and .3 -1.8 rear

The car has to go back to the shop next week so they can custom extend the adjustment in subframe and create slots in the rear for full front/rear camber adjustment. The only kind of place that usually likes to do jobs like these are performance shops so keep this in mind. Once you go beyond a certain point in ride height any shop won't be able to fix any camber you induce with the OEM camber adjustment points.

Members online

No members online now.
Back