93 Mark VIII still wont start

mhtease

LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently got back into Mark VIII . The car ran for a while , but it has a mind of its own . Now it wont start . It cranks over . Replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter , but no luck . If you guys can steer in me the right direction on what to check next , i greatly appreciate it.

ok , I check the crank sensor and still no start . What else would need i to do ?

Did you make sure that your fuel pump inertia switch had not tripped? How did you check the crank sensor?

I took off the crank sensor , and put it back on . Two or three times. Then i went to autozone to get one . Replaced it and still no luck . I'll have to check the spark when i get home today . If not , saturday i'll tow to it to my mechanic.

Bring her to us, tow wouldn't be more than a $350

You'd get a sneak peak of my Mark build :D

Check your anti-theft

Send me your address , i just might take it to you guys . But i did hit the fuel switch and jump cable to the battery . It started . She's alive . After going to the gas station it wouldnt start again . So i hit the switch again and cables, it started again after 10 minutes.

So it wont turn over?
Or it cranks over but wont fire?

You don't have to hit the switch every time you jump it.

Sounds to me like you may have an Alt that isn't putting out, which drains your battery as you drive. Having to use jumpers would be the indicator, and you pushing the inertia switch isn't doing anything

Our shop is located in Golinda, Tx

It cranks but start . I just checked the spark and now there's no spark .

ok , ive replaced the sensors today , and still cranks but it wont start .

I want to thank everyone who pointed me in the right direction. I go the car to start and its running.

It was not the anti theft . The mechanic said there was no signal to the fuel injectors. Now i have many other things i have to do, oil change , antifreeze, brakes , full suspension swap, tint windows, and other little details around the car. I know i have a long and slow journey . But it will get done .

It was not the anti theft . The mechanic said there was no signal to the fuel injectors. Now i have many other things i have to do, oil change , antifreeze, brakes , full suspension swap, tint windows, and other little details around the car. I know i have a long and slow journey . But it will get done .

So what was the fix???

He got the signal to the fuel injectors. Thats all he said . I dont know how and exactly what he did, but its running .

Yay an entire thread about a secret-
8e2abd4c.jpg

Members online

Back