Turbo kit thread

The tips were pushed out more than what I had them before I dropped the car off last year. I had them pushed back in more yesterday when I got the resonators installed, now they might be pushed in too far, haha.

The car sounds great now with the resonators. No more raspy,popping sounds on medium accelration or deceleration. It sounds so smooth, well to me it does. Dont think I'll have time today to do an exhaust video, maybe tomorrow, but I'll start uploading the dyno vids up on youtube to try and post them today.

Shin slashers!:eek:
lmao

I like how KC installed mine, they look almost like the stock placement.

The car sounds great now with the resonators. No more raspy,popping sounds on medium accelration or deceleration. It sounds so smooth, well to me it does. Dont think I'll have time today to do an exhaust video, maybe tomorrow, but I'll start uploading the dyno vids up on youtube to try and post them today.

Good to hear...my aeros are on their way. $80 for a pair of polished ones. I think thats a great deal.

Love the sound of the bassanis as they are, very exotic and menacing, but the drone can be annoying at times and not being able to back-up the sound with power kinda sucks. Also, my high flow cats are so high flow that my exhaust almost sounds cat-less lol i hope these fix the rasp and some of the drone.

Yeah, it will take away the rasp and drone for sure.

Tonight maybe :D

scan0001.jpg

Love how these engines have more torque than horsepower. Usually isn't it the other way around??

I think so, exception to diesel applications. Wonder if anyone has thought about swapping a small diesel motor into an LS. That would be something.

Give her some more boost and that hp curve would rise up higher after 4200

Give her some more boost and that hp curve would rise up higher after 4200

May wanna go back a page or two to catch up. There is a reason the boost is where it currently is.

Awesome! Glad you finally got it back. That torque is impressive, I can't wait to see what it will do when you crank it up.

337 lb ft of torque is fantastic!
and the power holds out up to 6000 rpm too. should be a sweet ride.

The easiest diesel to swap in would be the jaguar AJ-V6D 2.7L used in the Jaguar S-type. 200-207 hp and 325 ft-lbs. There is also a 3L version of this engine as well that is found in the Land Rover Discovery 4; 241 - 253hp and 443 lbs-tq.

Downside these engines never made it Stateside.

Tq=hp

Torque and horsepower are equal at 5252 RPM. It's inherent in the equivalence formula.

KS

lol

are you making like some epic movie/video of your car? how could it possibly take sooooooooo long :(

No long epic video, sorry, just been busy and out of the house. I had a little family emergency to attend to. I uploaded a few videos and from the dyno, I wanted to do an exhaust video as well and post them together. If I can't get them both done today, I'll atleast post the one from the dyno.

Members online

No members online now.
Back