What can I do with this?

Agreed you need a finishing glaze filler.

I picked up a tube at walmart, I think bondo brand or something. Grab a thin spreader too.

Be carful spraying that filler primer all over I notice that on that grill some of the holes on the inside are solid where the clips are on the back and it will fill them right up! I guess you could use a drill bit if you could find one the exact size and "drill" some of the primer out but either way it looks like it could be some more work you are creating. It does look better than the before pictures though I will give you that.

Be carful spraying that filler primer all over I notice that on that grill some of the holes on the inside are solid where the clips are on the back and it will fill them right up! I guess you could use a drill bit if you could find one the exact size and "drill" some of the primer out but either way it looks like it could be some more work you are creating. It does look better than the before pictures though I will give you that.

Those wholes don't go all the way through the grille, they are filled in to begin with

I would use featherfill or rage gold. that should fill in most of the worst parts the primer again.

"Custom" Mclaren Grille

Well this is as good as I'M going to get it...all pics taken from less than 5ft away.
9E6959BF-F350-4849-9D1A-D2EB680798B3-34109-00000CF722E7F78F.jpg

What has been done?

1) Filled in the area outlined below:
Mclaren1.jpg

3630E3A4-3B4D-4350-B6E2-363E7A692395-34109-00000CF730BA3DA1.jpg

40B6E5B9-189F-4AC2-ACEA-1CFC7743BD27-34109-00000CF734A8E91E.jpg

An original grille for comparison
Originalmclaren.jpg

2) All holes re-drilled so they are a slightly larger:
F3A89D4E-81F9-4F25-93F4-9BE0F1C2A83A-34109-00000CF72DE0C3A3.jpg

3) Drilled through 4 spots that were not originally holes:
Mclaren2.jpg

original
Originalmclaren.jpg

4) Emblem area outlined below re-shaped:
Emblem fits more snug than before
Mclaren3.jpg

Extra pics:
DB3A9F91-E3C9-4AEF-AD09-467EC86713D3-34109-00000CF726A5491B.jpg

1744DEA0-78A3-4C83-BB90-16BF940227D3-34109-00000CF72A1A9773.jpg

The Bad:
- A lot of the holes are still slightly messed up as you can see from the pics. But you would only really tell when you're up close cleaning it. Could probably be made much better with a little more sanding.
- One of the tabs in the back broke.
- Still a couple of minor nicks here and there, nothing a paint shop can't easily fix when it goes in for paint.
- The back looks like crap, but who cares?

A lot of mlara(man :D) hours have gone into this and it looks relatively good...i mean look at the before pics on the first page haha. Still not sure if I want to sell or not, but if you're interested feel free to PM offers. NO, i will not tell you an asking price because i don't know what its worth. I do have a range in mind, below that I wont even consider selling. I will tell you that that range i'm thinking about is definitely below $200. I will laugh at any offers under $100.

I might make an auction thread once Rollin gets back to me. I'd prefer to take a bit of a loss and sell it to someone on here. But worst case scenario it'll go up on ebay.

Looks good man. Normal car viewing distance is over 20 feet so no one will be able to tell. I couldnt really notice from your 5 feet pictures so its good imo

That picture of the 'aircraft remover' on the first page has made me laugh my ass off twice now...

Looks good.I would just keep it.

Keep it or sell it to me. Those are the only options I see being realistic:cool:

Seriously, it looks great considering what it did look like before. Good job!

Keep it or sell it to me. Those are the only options I see being realistic:cool:

Seriously, it looks great considering what it did look like before. Good job!

I might have one to sell ya. But it's also a project one.

I can never tell if I like the mclaren or not.

I used to say the same thing until I got to looking at Alax's more and more. To me, it is one to have in arsenal. :)

+1 I Love the mclaren just not sure on black LS's it just seems to blend in way too much and not "pop".

it is one to have in arsenal. :)

Agreed. If I ever have the cance to get my hands on one for a decent price I'm gonna buy it.

I've never seen one in person either so it's hard to say.

Agreed. If I ever have the cance to get my hands on one for a decent price I'm gonna buy it.

I've never seen one in person either so it's hard to say.

I think you should, Personally think it looks best on white with the center painted a flat black.

Sold!

Sold to a fellow member in Canadia, should be making its way North at the moment :D

Not that this was a FS thread or anything but I just wanted to update for those that had been interested.

Sold to a fellow member in Canadia, should be making its way North at the moment :D

Not that this was a FS thread or anything but I just wanted to update for those that had been interested.

Bigrig?

Congrats on the sale man.

Members online

Back