2013 Beachparty meet.......

94m5

Dmaup's Daddy
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on moving the party elsewhere for a year to give mom and dad a break?

I volunteer.

Discuss.

The nice thing about the midwest is the fact that it is centralized. I would be more apt to flying out to your house than driving because of the 26 or so hour drive (factoring in some stop time). Flying would take about 4 hours though...

Big change for me from an easy weekend drive to 4 days travel time ther and back. Colorado is beautiful, though.

I have mixed feelings on it (assuming you mean out at your place). I like this trip because it's close to home and realitivly cheap for me to do.

But on the other hand I really want to get out to Colorado because it is beautiful out there and thats the kind of trip I would love to take in the car.

This is why I said discuss. ;)

These are the opinions that need to be brought up.

I AM referring to my place. Cool party pad, but very little sleep accommodations.

Couches, and one spare bedroom.

Plus sides.........MANY hotels here, TONS to see and do. Give Mom and Dad a break for a year.

Just a thought.

understand the travel time used to the 13 hrs. but the extra this trip was felt. but would do it again. we meet a great group of first timers. on the trip to pauls we ran into a fellow that got all of us . he was drivinga 67 Vette convert with a four speed with hand controls installed by him self the car was in pristin condiation the clutch was hydralic cable pulled .with a lever that he could increase the rpm when he wanted to shift up or down on the same lever that worked the clutch. he was a VET that had owned it 30 years. to say handicap is not doing the man justice as he makes due and we all took notice. jd

Heather is interested as we love Colorado .. but I'm waiting to find out if Mayia is going to be getting married in June. That might cost us too much to then make a trip out to CO. But if she doesn't then I might be game, as long as the members who come every year can make the meet.

I have mixed feelings on it (assuming you mean out at your place). I like this trip because it's close to home and realitivly cheap for me to do.

But on the other hand I really want to get out to Colorado because it is beautiful out there and thats the kind of trip I would love to take in the car.

I agree 100%

Cheap would Unfortunately go out the window.

Its just an idea folks.

I'm perfectly fine annoying Dads neighbors next year.

What makes going to Boscobel every year affordable for me is i don't have to get a motel room i stay at Rich's house, if i had to get a motel room then the trip might possibly be out of my price range.

There are several members in the KC area that I'm sure could house a guest or 2 I know my house can hold at least 3 if not more. There is plenty to do here lots of open road to cruse, places for photos, if its timed right the possibility of going for a few laps at KANSAS speedway.

Either way somebody is going to make a trip. For me Rich's house is 24 hours drive away. It's a fun drive none the less. I am down for Colorado. Vicki would definitely love it.

I am poor also but Colorado sounds good and i am ok with it if Rich and Heather can make it there.

CO would be too expensive, ma was griping about the cost of boscobel, thats why this year was just fri, sat, and roll out sunday, it all adds up fast and i think colorado would push it over the limit, sorry mike i also do wanna make a run out west but dont see it feasible

I already started a fund its not much now but its going to get there. I am not going to miss next year. I am setting my budget according to Boscobel.

Members online

Back