Ash Tray

hinzy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What holds the ash tray in?

My ash tray on '05 does not stay in... is it something I could pull apart and fix or would I be better off just replacing the whole thing?

Thanks

My ashtray didn't wanna stay closed either. I took the whole thing out and was too stupid to figure out how it worked. However, I never use it so I figured out a way to keep it closed so it looks normal but doesn't pop open like it used to. There's a metal "coil" / "spring" that pops it open but was also keeping it from closing completely. If you remove that, it goes in and just sits there. Obviously it doesn't "pop" like it used to but to open it, you just open the cover of the lighter and pull it.

Do you have to take the whole thing apart to get to the spring? Or is it something you can just reach in and pullout

I don't remember if it's on the bottom of the ashtray or if you pull the ashtray all the way out, you can see it when you look in there. I didn't take anything apart other than pulling the ashtray all the way out. Sorry I don't remember very well but it was a while ago. Take the ashtray out and look in the hole and see if you see the metal coil type thing.

i pulled the whole piece out from the car including the cigarette lighter and outlet... pull the astray out and on the sides there are some tabs that keep it from coming out using a thin flathead screwdriver i pushed the tab to the side and pulled the tray slightly. on the bottom of the tray is a small plastic nipple lol couldn't find another word in the vocabulary. anyway it locks into place when you push it back. it wears off over time. i had to replace mine but you could just take the spring out

Members online

Back