What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Well i'm on a quest to find an alternative to that horrible airbox,Any suggestions,,AFE said if I got together enough people that want one,,Possibly they could modify an existing unit to fill our needs,,,,,Possibly

Found out one of my front wheels has a pin hole in it. 2 Thumbs up to American Muscle they have my new one on the way already.

-Alan

shut up damn southerners and your saltless winters lol

:lol:

Chicken, we do sometimes have tornadoes that blow through houses and take all the salt out of the cabinets and blow it all over the place. No snow last year but when it does snow, they shut down this whole city. If anything is prepped to reduce sliding on ice, it's sand on over passes. After the inch or two has melted, they sweep all that up but never any salt.

:lol:

Chicken, we do sometimes have tornadoes that blow through houses and take all the salt out of the cabinets and blow it all over the place. No snow last year but when it does snow, they shut down this whole city. If anything is prepped to reduce sliding on ice, it's sand on over passes. After the inch or two has melted, they sweep all that up but never any salt.

oh i know how easy you southerners get it, 1" of snow the world stops. 1' up here and they wonder why your late lol

headlight lenses

Busted out the drill and polished my headlights and tail lights/neon. Headlights prob look better then ever, it was my first time doing the rear and they too turned out fantastic. Felt kinda wierd polishing tail lights though :shifty:

I probably lost 3lbs of water wieght doing it @ 7pm, it still really f'n hot out.

2maro it's waxing time. :(

Does anything really work to polish out lenses. I have tried a few they all are worthless.?

Does anything really work to polish out lenses. I have tried a few they all are worthless.?

I use Meguiars "PlastX". I was ghetto this time but it's the best they've ever looked. I ended up using a 4" disk that attached to the drill, wrapped a micro fiber cloth around it and secured the cloth with a zip tie around the shaft. My old attachment was comprimised from buffing my wheels this spring and I didn't feel like running out to get another. This was free and it worked great. :)

blew a ac line the other day, and like everything else on this car its obsolete as hell. its that stupid curly-q one right in front of the compressor, so I'm having mine fixed. I'm having the metal part and that small muffler removed since the bottom of it rotted out, and just having a loop of hose installed and ill see how that works.
oh and i think one of my 2 air compressors are dyeing, but not to worry i got a box of spares in the basement ;)

who the hell are you?

Mine were horrible. I wet sanded the "crusty" stuff off with 800 grit and then 1000 grit and finally smoothed them out with 2000 grit before finally polishing them with McGuiar's headlight polish. They look great now. Only problem is that I have some condensation in my p/s lens. Never noticed it before because the lenses were so horribly corroded. But it rained like a friggin' monsoon last night and now my p/s lens is completely fogged up on the inside. Guess I'll be taking it out and re-sealing it?

Ok, I gotchya now. Everything just hasn't had time to settle down yet. Have you heard any good news yet on the other deal from the wreck? It been a while, well over a year.

Its a slow process , but I feel something good coming out of this.

I too have the 1.5" kit and with the prothane isolators the rear sits about .5-.75" higher then the fronts. The reg crappy isolators (Monroe?) I originaly used flattned out pretty quick.
Iirc, in the stock rim/tire size the fronts measured out to 26" and the rear w/ 3/4 tank of gas was about 26.6". Def doesn't make it sag anymore and still has the lowered look.

I just recieved one set from the link you sent me which it came in literally in a few days ago from Texas. The previously the first set I ordered before the place you suggested has not sent me the other set yet they said mid to late next week.....them prick bastards!..lol .. F******* ebay.

Sapperfire on here polishes headlights daily and he speaks highly of "Blue Magic" from Advance Auto Parts. I have never used it personally but he does on a daily basis. I have always used PlastX but when that didn't work, I just bought new headlight housings. :D Those are always clean.

well just coped a pair of 18x10 black chrome saleen wheels... for a very cheap price lol

IMG_20120714_202126.jpg

Last edited:
Sapperfire on here polishes headlights daily and he speaks highly of "Blue Magic" from Advance Auto Parts. I have never used it personally but he does on a daily basis. I have always used PlastX but when that didn't work, I just bought new headlight housings. :D Those are always clean.

It all depends on how bad they are to start with too...for just a little yellowing or slight haze -Blue Magic works very well...if you can't even see inside the housing anymore- start with 800 grit and WET sand (use a sponge block), then 1000,1500,2000 grit, then clear coat them

For the first time in god knows how long......

I've ran out of things to keep me busy on the mark. It's in probably the best shape that it'll ever be in. With that said, I'm painting my parents garage. Double :(

Pounded the deer head dent in my drivers side fender almost out. Sanding and body filler tomorrow. Need to be ready for the grill I have coming from NoLimit which should put me almost back to where I was, plus a few grams from Bondo. ;)

I don't like the colour all that much so I'll bomb it for now.

Greased my front upper and lower ball joints and outer tie rod ends yesterday. No more squeaky-creaky (for the time being anyway). I desperately need to get those LCA's and SRB's installed. But I've got to fix the front brakes on the Exploder first so I'll have something to drive while the LSC is down for repair. But first I've got to find some money...

Also tried to get the car to lower some more. I have already adjusted the front height sensors as high as they will go and drilled new holes 1/2" higher and moved the brackets up. And yesterday, I moved the rear height sensor bracked up as far as it would go and jacked the front and rear ends up with the air ride switch on so the springs would vent and lowered it back down to see if that would change anything. Nope. It still refuses to lower. It is sitting at what appears to be just a smidge lower than stock ride height. This is very perplexing and irritating as hell. I just don't get it at all:confused:

I'm beginning to suspect that I may have bad height sensors. I'd like to try some new ones but They're going for upwards of $50 each on fleabay and that's stupid.

Members online

Back