Car audio help

matt87

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a question about my factory subs in a 03 LS V8. I had two JL subs n amp hooked up to the factory subs n amp in back with factory 6 disc. The problem is I think I blew one or both factory subs because one or both is making some kind of weird popping sound if the bass is turned up enough and if it starts to do it and i turn the car off it makes a loud gurgling type sound. Just wondering what people's thoughts were because I finally have the money to fix them.

Disconnect the connectors from the factory subs, and see if the weird noise stops. If you have the THX sound system I have a bunch of stuff lying around including the subs.

well if your factory subs are blown, just replace them or un hook them since you already have two real subs, as far as the gurgling sound, its hard to say.

Hey guys thanks for your input. Today after work i tinkered around with it and it still was going on. Then later me and a buddy were driving around on our way to a party and i had the music blarring and the bass turned way up and it sounded like it did the day I brought it home. All i did was wiggle the connectors to each sub around and that was it. Tomorrow i think me and a buddy are going to take them out and see if theyre actually blown. Otherwise im goin to hook my JL's back up to them.

Hey, i was just wondering if it was possible to disconnet the factory subs but still use my JLs. Do i have to splice into a different speaker since the factory subs are disconnected or will they still work?

the gurgling noise is the remote turn on for the amp. what you need is a low voltage trigger,a tr4 by pac parts and that should get rid of the gurgling noise.

i would not call that a gurgling noise at all, it is just a simple "pop"

you can unplug the harness at each sub, and leave the amp hooked up to give a signal to the line output converter.

you can unplug the harness at each sub, and leave the amp hooked up to give a signal to the line output converter.

ok, thanks for the help. there was one other problem but i know how to fix it... i think. The other day when i was hooking up my real subs i forgot to unplug the fuses out of the amp and when i was hooking up the last wire sparks came out a bit and i checked the fuses n they were blown. hopefully i didnt fry my amp

Ok guys. I got another question for ya. I hooked up my real subs and replaced the fuses and still no luck. What you guys think might be the problem?

so the fuses in the amp blew, and now the amp is not working?

also the blown fuses have been replaced and the amp is still not working?

if so, does the amp have a good ground?

if so does the amp have 12v at the positive terminal?

if so, does the amp have 12v on the remote wire?

if so, is there signal at the amp?

if so, are you sure that the subs are good?

if yes to all of the above and there is still nothing coming out of the amp, then you have a bad amp, if there is a no somewhere, then you know what your problem is.

Members online

Back