96 mark viii imrc

markviii96

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking for a set of imrc's for my 96. I know 96 is its own year so finding them could be tough. If any one has a set they would sell could you let me know. Thanks

If its the vacuum diaphragm that's bad they can be rebuilt. I rebuild them for $30 each. If its the electrical part you'll have to hunt JYs for a working one

How would you go about testing them? To know what part is bad? I know they are moving freely but the actuators are not controlling them.

How would you go about testing them? To know what part is bad? I know they are moving freely but the actuators are not controlling them.

From what I can tell the sensor on them is just that a motion sensor ,so that does not control them just moniters them. The vacuum is what moves them. You need to remove vacuum source to them and hook up a mini vac and pull vacuum on it and see if it moves. If it moves diaphragm is good .

I was able to get my hands on a fully working pair of them, so I will check them when I pull them off, to replace them. If they don't work I will prob get them rebuilt

When dealing with a vacumn leak, repair the diaphragm.

If the sensor is bad, find a set of older gen1 imrcs, install them and have the fault code shut off with a tune.

Problem solved.

Members online

No members online now.
Back