Best Airbag to Coil conversions?

what do you want it to do?
many have done the suncore conversion and been happy for a daily driver. its a kit and easy to do. but its really not for performance minded individuals.

I recently converted my 97 LSC and am satisfied with the results... it works well as a daily driver mod, is acceptably smooth but not quite the same as with the air ride. Instead of a "kit" though I just did mine piece-mail from the local auto-parts emporium. A same era T-Bird suspension components work-I used '97 Thunderbird LX V8 parts and the change over was very straightforward and crazy simple. I had mine done in an afternoon. The only part which I had to fabricate were the spring perches/upper locators for the rear, which was an easy make.

Well,what are my options to go the performance route? When I walk out to car in the morning,the front end is slammed to the ground,,Is that an airbag leak? I just dont want to get stranded somewhere,and Ive heard horror stories on what it costs to repair air ride system,

Well,what are my options to go the performance route? When I walk out to car in the morning,the front end is slammed to the ground,,Is that an airbag leak? I just dont want to get stranded somewhere,and Ive heard horror stories on what it costs to repair air ride system,

I'm thinking of doing the 1.25" lowered kit from tokico made for the Thunderbird/cougar, comes with front/rear springs and shocks, only thing you need still is the rear spring perches..from what I've heard this kit has a firmer more sporty ride which is what I'm looking for. Where in Chicago are you from im in the northwest burbs.

the performance route i've been thinking about is vogtland drop springs, tokico blue front shocks, and bilstein rear shocks.

the tokico/vogtland assembly front is a bolt in,
the rear bilstein shocks requires a new or modified stock upper mount,
and the rear vogtland springs need a cup or something to center the top of the spring to mount in the car.

only thing you need still is the rear spring perches

something to center the top of the spring to mount in the car.

:rolleyes:

HPIM3647.jpg

Do you make these upper spring perches/mounts pictured here? Do these work with any rear spring either lowered or standard height? Also how does it mount? Or does it just hold itself in place with spring pressure?

Do you make these upper spring perches/mounts pictured here? Do these work with any rear spring either lowered or standard height? Also how does it mount? Or does it just hold itself in place with spring pressure?

I do. They'll work with any springs that will fit an '89-'97 Thunderbird and fit in a Prothane 6-1709 spring isolator.

More info in this thread.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=62875

My setup is going to be Tokico Blue fronts and rears with H&R springs. Already have the blues on the rearend.

I do. They'll work with any springs that will fit an '89-'97 Thunderbird and fit in a Prothane 6-1709 spring isolator.

More info in this thread.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=62875

Ok, question..do you need to use rubber isolators with your upper and lower perches? As it is, these ad a little height to the rear if each is 1/4" thick, so isolators would ad to that even more right?

Ok, question..do you need to use rubber isolators with your upper and lower perches? As it is, these ad a little height to the rear if each is 1/4" thick, so isolators would ad to that even more right?

I chose to use the rubber isolators on the top and bottom because I didn't want my coils riding on the perches. The perches are meant to keep the spring centered not support it IMO. If you are concerned with ride height, don't put T-Bird SC springs on your car like I did. My car sits higher. No one likes it, but I haven't found a reason to give a crap yet. Then again, my intentions are different. If I run low 13s on this setup after the dyno tune, the springs are staying in and I will be sure to brag about the fact that I can do such things on coils.

The perches are designed to use the Prothane 6-1709 isolators. If you're using Thunderbird lowering springs F&R, the added thickness is needed as the pockets in the Mark VIII LCA's are deeper than the pockets in the stock Thunderbird LCA's. I originally designed the perches to use in Thunderbirds that had "upgraded" to Mark VIII LCA's, and found that the perch base and isolators were needed to maintain the same ride height in the rear.

The perches are designed to use the Prothane 6-1709 isolators. If you're using Thunderbird lowering springs F&R, the added thickness is needed as the pockets in the Mark VIII LCA's are deeper than the pockets in the stock Thunderbird LCA's. I originally designed the perches to use in Thunderbirds that had "upgraded" to Mark VIII LCA's, and found that the perch base and isolators were needed to maintain the same ride height in the rear.

Oh ok, that I didn't know..figured the only difference between the thunderbird and mark was the fact that the LCAs were aluminum instead of steel..thanks for the info, Ill be ordering springs and shocks soon, so do you have a supply of these made already or are they made to order?

Oh ok, that I didn't know..figured the only difference between the thunderbird and mark was the fact that the LCAs were aluminum instead of steel..thanks for the info, Ill be ordering springs and shocks soon, so do you have a supply of these made already or are they made to order?

They are made to order and shipped 5-7 days after I receive payment.

Members online

Back