Does anyone need any of the NAV/THX stuff?

scjmc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As some of you know I recently bought an 06 LS Ultimate. The dealership put a rediculous pioneer head unit in place of the NAV. The sales person told me that the DVD drive went bad, so they took the NAV out. I found the technicians notes in the paperwork for the car stating simply "radio wont close." Anyway long story short I have 1 NAV head unit that has the screen tilted to access the discs. It is untested, but the origonal batch of photos for the car show it closed and working as a radio. The dealership's "contrator" that installed the aftermarket radio hacked the harness. I tried to fix it and plug the NAV unit in and I couldnt get it to do anything. I abandoned the factory harness and just installed my stuff from my old LS insted of fixing the NAV. I have the THX amp, rear subs, sub amp, and DVD drive with the disc in it. I need money to get a new intake, ceramic disc brakes, paint my Mclaren grille, etc. Will trade or sell whatever you guys want. Make me a reasonable offer on whatever you want, I honestly dont know what any of it is worth.

It sounds like the CD changer is jammed (common problem). Usually, you can just push the screen closed and everything but the CD player/changer will still work.
I would be interested, but my headunit has the same problem right now. Also, the radio part randomly fails now. When it gets bad enough, I'll just go aftermarket.

I sell those radios on my website.

My LS radio has the same exact issue.

whats the discount code for LVC member's on that site?
Seeing as how it's a severely struggling business and my margins are already paper thin, this is the best I can do right now. If I get more business, I can increase the discount.

SH1P-RE-LVC2

Save $3 on shipping

ThaxNav

Elemino,
I am interested in purchising a factory sat nav head unit and disk drive for my 05 LS if you could give me a good deal on one i would be interested.
Thanks Mike

Elemino,
I am interested in purchising a factory sat nav head unit and disk drive for my 05 LS if you could give me a good deal on one i would be interested.
Thanks Mike

Do you already have nav, or are you trying to add factory nav to a non-nav LS? If it's the latter, there are several more parts that you will need.

Things you need at a minimum to add factory navigation are:
Nav head unit
Nav DVD drive unit
Sub-woofer amp
Four channel amp
Multiple wiring harnesses
GPS antenna

If you want voice control (factory systems have this) add:
Auto dimming mirror with factory microphone (used only on nav equipped cars)

If you want the steering wheel buttons to be labeled and work correctly add:
nav option steering wheel button assembly

If you want the full THX sound add:
THX door speakers (4) and subwoofers (2)

Nav/CD Radio install?

Thanks JoEgr,
Sounds like this would be a costly install would you recomend a after market nav system in dash i could use /have installed that would be a better fit for my 05 LS?, I would like to have as much a factory system functions ect as possible.
Thanks Mike

Thanks JoEgr,
Sounds like this would be a costly install would you recomend a after market nav system in dash i could use /have installed that would be a better fit for my 05 LS?, I would like to have as much a factory system functions ect as possible.
Thanks Mike

Yes, I would go aftermarket. I don't have a specific one to recommend. Crutchfield gives useful info on many in-dash GPS units. (You can always buy the same from someone else.)

Dont forget that I am selling the factory components. 4 channel amp, subs and sub amp, dvd player with map dvd....

which map dvd is it might be interested?

How do I find out? The DVD is in the drive, car was sold in south Florida and it spent its whole life here. I will find a wiring diagram somewhere and power it up to eject the disc if I need to.

How do I find out? The DVD is in the drive, car was sold in south Florida and it spent its whole life here. I will find a wiring diagram somewhere and power it up to eject the disc if I need to.
You have to remove the disc from the drive. It will have the year printed on it.

i need the wire that goes between the rear deck subwoofers and the amp. i cut the heads of my originals also do you have the original subwoofers and have you heard them do they sound good. how much you want for all this. also are you selling the door THX speakers too.

Ive got the wiring that you need, no problem. I sold the subs already, and at the moment I am using the door speakers. I have the subs from my 02 LS Alpine system. I removed them from the car when it had about 40K miles on it, but they have been in storage for the last 6 years. I dont know if they would work.

I have the carpet cover that goes under that stuff too if anybody needs it.

Does it have to be cut, or does it have a connector somewhere? Not much in any case. 10 bucks maybe. PM me to work out the details.

Members online

Back