Why should I or shouldn't I question / Gen I vs. Gen II

maybe your definition of ignorant is different from mine, but i'm actually speaking from experience. i have owned both cars so i actually know all of the differences first hand. not to mention my 1st gen had 1/3 the miles that my 2ng gen had when bought. its the little changes that make the bog difference for me. for instance, it used to drive me crazy ever time leaving a drive through, while checking to make sure that the order is right and then having to hold the damn window switch till the window got to the top, instead now i can just push the button and let it roll the window up (and the pass side too), those damn ninja cup holders, the useless center console storage, heated AND cooled seats, that stay on longer than 10 min, that have different intensity's other than hotter than a thousand suns, that are also completely automatic and that never have to be turned on...

the only thing that would be ignorant would be to ignore the fact that they made a hell of a lot of improvements with the second generation.

i didnt buy a luxury car because i was big on downgrading, so that's is why i can say that 99% of all 1st gens are not worth considering.

My comment was not directed to you- sorry if it came across that way. It was to say writing the car off that's posted above because its gen 1 is ignorant. It looks very clean and well maintained which would make it better than any gen2 that was not so well taken care of, even if you give up some very convenient bells and whistles. Hopefully I went against the grain here enough that the OP at least goes and sees for himself whether the LSE package is nicer than cooled seats and other gen 2 changes in his opinion without ruffling too many gen 2 feathers;)

The biggest difference I think between the gens would be the oem HID's and the backup sensors. Those two things right there's make a gen II always better than any gen I. The cooled seats are nice but I could do without. The navgation isn't great. Bit I do like the finish and quality of the wood.

And with 06 you automatically get the LSE looks. And the interior of gen II is much nicer overall.

But with gen I you get a more aggressive LSE look. And you can always add the lights and 06 bumper to it. I wonder if a full interior swap is possible?

it would be 100 times easier to swap out a few body parts instead of swapping out the entire interior. part of the swap would be different switches, different harnesses, different modules...

Picked up my 06 yesterday. Lots of subtle improvements over my 02. I would recommend either, but the GEN 2 car is superior. Except for the horrible misfire that it has lol.

Thanks for all the advice.... decided to pass on the '02 and now I'm working on a deal for an '05 LSE instead.

Except you couldn't get a manual in the gen 2! I am biased, I know. The manual was a big thing for me. The cooled seats is good, the extra power is good. I do really like the look of a gen 1 LSE. I almost bought one but some one bought it and then they didn't, I had already bought my 02 Getrag equipped LS. Gen 1's are really cheap though.

Except you couldn't get a manual in the gen 2! I am biased, I know. The manual was a big thing for me. The cooled seats is good, the extra power is good. I do really like the look of a gen 1 LSE. I almost bought one but some one bought it and then they didn't, I had already bought my 02 Getrag equipped LS. Gen 1's are really cheap though.

That is one thing I have not done. Driven a manual LS.

Wasn't the manual only in V6? Who wants that anyway? :)

I would have one in the stable just because it was the first time in 40 years Lincoln mad a car in a manual shift. Then to have it in an LSE model on top of it? Icing.

I could be wrong but you seem to put all your stock in HP numbers. Nothing wrong with that because I like power as well, but, I do respect that there are some rare models of LS out there to give due respect toward.

I would have one in the stable just because it was the first time in 40 years Lincoln mad a car in a manual shift. Then to have it in an LSE model on top of it? Icing.

I could be wrong but you seem to put all your stock in HP numbers. Nothing wrong with that because I like power as well, but, I do respect that there are some rare models of LS out there to give due respect toward.

I was just messing around. I understand only 2,000 or so manuals were made so it is very rare. Just kill two birds with one stone and get that one that I see posted all over here, the V8 converted to manual.

Members online

Back