What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

IMG_20120531_101205.gif
this the cable coming from the battery

IMG_20120531_101155.jpg
this is the cable coming from the fuse block to injector line

IMG_20120531_101145.jpg
this is the other half of the cable to the injector line

can this be fixed or am i looking to buy a complete harness...HELP ANYMONE.....

ouch. but not the end of the world. my car doesn't even have those cables anymore. they heave been replaced with new 4 gauge cabling. get some from a stereo shop, cut it the same length, put some lugs on the ends, and reinstall.

but not until you find out what shorted out.

I just installed these a little bit ago. Took maybe 5 min and although it's daylight, I can see a big difference inside the garage. The light is super bright white and not yellowy.

Reverse lights with 22 SMD LED's in each light.

CO_Backup.jpg

These are the normal bulbs and were hot as hell when I pulled them, using a rag. I kept it in reverse while doing it because the SMD's go by polarity + / -

2012-05-31161930.jpg

Now the look on the wall behind the car with normal bulbs.

2012-05-31161950.jpg

SMD LED's installed

2012-05-31162700.jpg

Now the look on the wall behind the car. Made it a lot whiter and these bulbs shoot straight out instead of all around. Also, very very minimal heat, if any.

2012-05-31162718.jpg

Not too bad for $14.00 to the door and supposed to be good for 80,000 hours. I highly doubt the car will ever see 80,000 hours of being in reverse. The pics were taken by phone but in person, they look much better and have that new car LED look.

how can i fix this issue? any ideas i mean i start my new job in less than 2 weeks i need this car back on the road

Might wanna move all of this and the pics into the section that everyone will see. Not everyone comes up here and reads "what people did to their Mark today".

Someone with electrical knowledge might know whats going on with your situation.

Bought something else to go in my closet today. It's shipping out today so I have no good pics of it at the moment but it should be here Mon or Tue.

Never installed, NOS woodgrain stereo, EATC bezel, shifter bezel and ashtray / cup holder assembly, all in mint condition. Also bought another new front Motorcraft air shock to put away. Going for the other side in a few weeks. I really need to stop spending so much. :rolleyes: If I was married, I could hear it now.... :blah::blah: in one ear and out the other.

NIBWoodgrainBezels.jpg

Bought something else to go in my closet today. It's shipping out today so I have no good pics of it at the moment but it should be here Mon or Tue.

Never installed, NOS woodgrain stereo, EATC bezel, shifter bezel and ashtray / cup holder assembly, all in mint condition. Also bought another new front Motorcraft air shock to put away. Going for the other side in a few weeks. I really need to stop spending so much. :rolleyes: If I was married, I could hear it now.... :blah::blah: in one ear and out the other.

F getting married. That's the only reason I can afford one of these cars. Where did you get the NOS interior parts if you don't mind me asking? I think I need to start collecting some parts again.

F getting married. That's the only reason I can afford one of these cars. Where did you get the NOS interior parts if you don't mind me asking? I think I need to start collecting some parts again.

Came across that stuff on ebay and yeah, I feel the same way about getting married. Well, I do now, after being married 3 times. I learned my lesson. Luckily only one child during the 3rd marriage. I have had him on my own since he was almost 2 years old. Now he'll be 10 on the 23rd of this month.

I'm also working on a collection of things that I know will be used and hard to find as the next few years pass by. I was looking for the new door panels in black but looks like I waited too long. Not many of those left and surely not in my color. Some things might be around used for a while but when I find something NIB and I know it has been discontinued, I try my best to snag it up.

I was using tasca.com but they have went up on prices suddenly but I guess I already got all I needed from them. A lot of stuff just isn't there anymore. Gotta get it when you can.

I moved last September and the 96 has been parked inside since then.
I went out uncovered it took the trickle charger off, aired up the tires and it started right up.I drove it to work 84 miles round trip no problems...:facesjump

Got my cruise control hooked back up (not as pretty as DLF's) the hor works, but i have to really get on it to make it work and still dont have any thing from the cruise control. Im wondering if the clock spring might be on its way out

After last weekend's JMOD on my 96, today was the day I intended to install a transmission cooler.

Took the cowling off under the hood and started looking at the connections at the radiator. They looked a bit odd, they definately weren't stock. Did a little more investigating and noticed this...

OriginalTransCooler.jpg

There's already a trans cooler installed. Unfortunately, whoever installed it put it between the radiator and the AC condenser. I can't imagine it's doing much good sitting between those two HOT items!

So, change of plans. Gotta get that out of there and relocated. Geesh!

Bought it back. Holy chivalry batman. This car is major league and I am freshman high school. Time to learn to drive stick the right way so the car will be happy. Got a ride with a professional builder and driver and witnessed this cars mr Hyde side. It will be mr jeckyl with me for a bit.

And I will also mention that I got a speeding ticket before I even paid for it. Taking it for a lil test spin. Wtf. But it was the happiest ticket I ever got.

Found out my front air bags are leaking down overnight in my '97. They hold air all day and they pump up in the morning but they're down each morning. Anyone got some good used ones? I can't afford much since I'm unemployed right now.

Found out my front air bags are leaking down overnight in my '97. They hold air all day and they pump up in the morning but they're down each morning. Anyone got some good used ones? I can't afford much since I'm unemployed right now.

Which side looks lowest? Both aren't leaking, it's only one of them 90% of the time and the other one that isn't leaking can not hold the weight up alone. One side will be lower than the other.

I didnt do anything with my mark but after seeing some of these, I might have to get one down the road. Along with a town car love the size, very luxurious, comfortable leather seats, roomy and it floats like boat. + You can fit about 6 dead h00kers in the trunk :]

Changed my front air springs for some really good used units that I got from a member here. Now just waiting on my Cobra Bilsteins and she will ride so much better. For now it will be nice to be able to drive it and two, not come out after 10 minutes and find it on it's face. I have not driven it yet this year as my compressor is ok for now so I did not want to destroy it and driving last year before I put it away the compressor start having to come on every 5 minutes so I knew the front drivers bag was done.

All i'm doing today is fixing a couple annoying interior creaks. So far it's working. :)

Which side looks lowest? Both aren't leaking, it's only one of them 90% of the time and the other one that isn't leaking can not hold the weight up alone. One side will be lower than the other.

It's the driver's side. I can get my hand between the tire and the fender on the passenger side.

Members online

Back