Taking the Ls to the track for the 1st time

Hundred percent!
I will never get drag racing - just too damn boring.
And, it's not even about the car, it's about who can dump the most money into their car to make em go fast. What's even even worse, all that just for a 1/4 mile.....waste of time!

"To each their own" :)

Drag racing is definitely fun. I just grew tired of having to change wheels every time I would want to go. My back isn't what it used to be. lol

anybody that doesn't think drag racing is any fun, has never driven a real car!

anybody that doesn't think drag racing is any fun, has never driven a real car!
I agree 100%.. I have driven a few different cars down a straight line. It isn't my cup of tea, but it is truly a blast. Heck, my buddy has an older fox body, that is stalled, with upgraded rear end, a few N/A bolt ons, and a tune. It's like getting shot out of a cannon. Can almost lift the left front tire. All in all it's a blast.

twin turbo C5's, kenny bell cobra's, big block classic stang's with two stages of spray, procharged foxbody's...

cars where changing the tires before you go really isnt an option.

cars with cages.

pretty much anything that actually takes some amount of skill to "only" drive the car a 1/4 of a mile down a simple straight piece of road.

sometimes, driving a car in a straight line is a little hard if the bull your riding is pissed and wants to do his own thing.

What is a real car to you? Can you elaborate?

1987 Buick Regal Turbo T built with 25 psi on an aftermarket turbo. My buddy still has it. We walked a crotch rocket coming back from getting race gas. The week before, a big block Hemi Cuda with a lumpy cam jumped on us and my buddy reeled him in like he was standing still and flew past him as I waved at the driver with a chit grin on my face.

I have never been in a car in my entire life, and a V6 no less, that scared the chit out of me like that car. He only had it on street tires when he was bringing it back from buying it. He flicked the throttle going 65mph and broke em loose. I told him to never fvcking do that again. LOL

Honestly though, if you're not into drag racing, that car will still force a smile out of you. The boost came on in that car and pinned you to the seat like a space shuttle.

twin turbo C5's, kenny bell cobra's, big block classic stang's with two stages of spray, procharged foxbody's...

cars where changing the tires before you go really isnt an option.

cars with cages.

pretty much anything that actually takes some amount of skill to "only" drive the car a 1/4 of a mile down a simple straight piece of road.

sometimes, driving a car in a straight line is a little hard if the bull your riding is pissed and wants to do his own thing.

Here is the Saleen we sold a few years ago. Used to lift the front wheels off the ground and keep that way for few seconds down the strip. At one time it was making close to 700hp. And, it had power windows, locks etc...

AddedPictures541.jpg

Here is the Snakebit. It was only pushing out 610hp in that video.

SNAKEBITE MUSTANG COBRA - YouTube

Should be enough to show you that the statment you made "anybody that doesn't think drag racing is any fun, has never driven a real car" is FALSE.

1987 Buick Regal Turbo T built with 25 psi on an aftermarket turbo. My buddy still has it. We walked a crotch rocket coming back from getting race gas. The week before, a big block Hemi Cuda with a lumpy cam jumped on us and my buddy reeled him in like he was standing still and flew past him as I waved at the driver with a chit grin on my face.

I have never been in a car in my entire life, and a V6 no less, that scared the chit out of me like that car. He only had it on street tires when he was bringing it back from buying it. He flicked the throttle going 65mph and broke em loose. I told him to never fvcking do that again. LOL

Honestly though, if you're not into drag racing, that car will still force a smile out of you. The boost came on in that car and pinned you to the seat like a space shuttle.

Drag racing was never my thing. Twisties, forget about it. I would go road racing every weekend, if i could.

Look familiar?

:D

That's before the blower, BTW. lol

haha. Yes it does. The shop hasn't changed much, still looks the same. I use to go down there a lot, especially on the weekends to BS with the boys.

BTW, the 7 sound really healthy and good.

Yeah, that thing was a monster for sure and a blast to drive. Got those "WTF" looks from people all the time. :)

Well, if there was a way other than nitrous to make the car go faster that didn't involve making custom parts, I might have kept it. Still, though..I kinda got over the whole track thing. Got burned out with my 87 LSC. I took the SRT8 to the track once. lol

I hear ya. Scared to brake something so far away from home. I just want to go one more time to see what my new times would be after adding some more power and traction. One of my coworkers just got a trailer for his M3 which I may bring just in case the transmission doesn't like the new tires:p.

What did the SRT8 pull for a time?

Hundred percent!
I will never get drag racing - just too damn boring.
And, it's not even about the car, it's about who can dump the most money into their car to make em go fast. What's even even worse, all that just for a 1/4 mile.....waste of time!

Not for nothing, but why would you come into a drag racing thread and say you hate drag racing?

Not for nothing, but why would you come into a drag racing thread and say you hate drag racing?

Am i supposed to go along and agree on everyone's post? I don't think i have to.

Malibu traded his LS for a 20 year old rustang. So none of us can post in his thread, unless we say something positive?

Am i supposed to go along and agree on everyone's post? I don't think i have to.

Malibu traded his LS for a 20 year old rustang. So none of us can post in his thread, unless we say something positive?

I guess I don't get the purpose. Seems like a waste of time;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back