P0304 per AutoZone

solarys

LVC Member
Reaction score
Help Needed!!

I have a 2K5 BLK Lincoln LS.

I just left AutoZone, due to CEL being on. Per AutoZone, cylinder misfire detected-cylinder number 4. If this is true, would one replace the coil on cylinder number 4, or all six coils? Also would it also be a good time to change the spark plugs and pvc valve while at it?

Can you purchase one coil? Does it matter what brand of spark plug to use (generic or aftermarket)? Any/All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Change all coils and spark plugs. Make sure your valve cover gaskets are good too.

BLK mean black? i dont know if that will effect to much regarding the CEL

You can replace just one, but many of us hate to risk a marginal COP, and just replace all at once. best to stick with OEM. so NKG or Motorcraft (properly gaped) will be fine... This is the #1 thing discussed here so i'd suggest you spend some time looking / searching around before you post next time (trust me).

BLK mean black? i dont know if that will effect to much regarding the CEL

You can replace just one, but many of us hate to risk a marginal COP, and just replace all at once. best to stick with OEM. so NKG or Motorcraft (properly gaped) will be fine... This is the #1 thing discussed here so i'd suggest you spend some time looking / searching around before you post next time (trust me).

Thanks

Are these still recommended? http://www.amazon.com/Visteon-VIS60-1004-Ignition-Lincoln-V6-3-0L/dp/tech-data/B006G0HY8E. Who makes a good set of spark plugs and VCC for this car?

Yes, I haven't heard anything bad about them yet. (I have a set in my 06, but only recently.)

NKG is good for the plugs.

Your existing valve cover gaskets are probably good. (If there's no oil in the plug wells, there's no reason to change them.) You may want to check your PCV plumbing and replace the PCV valve while you have the top of the intake off (you may need that gasket, but it is reusable).

Thanks for the reply. I just ordered all the parts except coils from Ford. Will order coils from Amazon.com.

Members online

Back