DESICIONS! This is really, really hard for me!(PICS)

You could also offer to fix the suspension for her and swap out the front bags for coils. You could make a few hundred bucks without the headache.

That too but he did say that the old lady has a mother that is still living and it's hard for her to get in and out of the car but it might be a bit easier if the front end wasn't slammed.

I see what you're saying but I would never offer it on here because "we" all try to get them as cheap as possible but some people will pay the price, especially for black on black with mint interior and a fresh paint job.

True, "value" and "worth" are very relative things.
Someone on a tight budget becomes very aware of what they can at least theoretically get things for. But somebody with the money in the bank who loves these cars will gladly slap down what we would consider an absurd amount of cash for it. I know I would.

:eek:Holy crap! Where can you get an alignment for $30 bucks???? The cheapest place in my area wants $69 and that's a flat price for front or 4-wheel. Now I remember when I could get an alignment for $30, but that was about 20 years ago:D

Alignments at Les Schwab Tires is normally 54 bux, but I get mine for free (along with annual rotation and roadside service) because I bought my tires there. :D

Are you really bored? Does time mean nothing to you. Does money come and go easy? Those are the questions you should be asking yourself.

I can give you a number of stocks out there, you can dump your money into that and I am pretty sure you will double it in a year, maybe a little more.
Less risk, less work, Id say a lot more fun.

Other than that, its up to you!

I used to buy and resell cars. That one would have to be $1000 or less for me to consider it to flip, then it would get front coils only and a cheapie paint job. If you get attached, you lose your azz.

You can never get attached to a car you are using for business. That being said, at this point in time, there's no way to know what route the car will take. Like the title to this thread says, "DECISIONS!"

PRIME EXAMPLE? My current prairie tan was purchased August of last year. My father saw what happened to the front end suspension when it slammed & he immediately posted the car on autotrader.com. (Back then I still owed him $1,800 for the car so he still had control of the situation). I got 2 very high offers, the highest offer for none other than $6,000.00 for my prairie tan. GENTLEMEN, I DECLINED THE OFFER. Yes I did, why? Because I had been dieing to own a really good Gen II & I don't regret keeping the car. Money, is money. It comes & goes, good older cars are hard to find.

So as for this 97? It will come down to what happens after it exit's the paint booth. If I fall in love, I'M FVCKED! The 93 will have to bite the dust. I will definitely keep everyone posted via LVC.

You turned down $6000...that's just nonsense now sir ...you could have paid your dad off, got another.one, fixed the minor crap, and probably even pocketted some

You turned down $6000...that's just nonsense now sir ...you could have paid your dad off, got another.one, fixed the minor crap, and probably even pocketted some

Nope, no regrets! It had 62k when we got it. I knew what I had in my hands & still have in my hands. This is also why I'm going to take a good close look at this 97 were looking at.

By the way guys, IF I decide to sell my 93 it will NOT be sold with the LSC housings. The housings I will keep. I'm not entirely done with Gen 1's... at least not for now. Remember I'm looking at the possibility of a cross Gen & this black 97 is the perfect candidate. If I decide to sell the housings there's one member on here that has dibs on the 1st set. I have one more LSC housings set as well. Next person to PM me will have dibs on them.
NO price is set, they are NOT for sale, simply throwing this out there in the event that I do go down this route.

She's home! Looking forward to spending the day tomorrow working on the car! Clean the engine, interior, headlight restoration, (possible)neon repair, switch the wheels that are installed the wrong way & check out what's wrong with the air ride. Wow, can't believe I once again own a Mark with AIR! Hmmm!

20120512_004726-1.jpg

20120512_004809.jpg

im kinda jealous. congrats man, have fun with it, and make those headlights purdy

20317113.jpg

edit: I may go down to Miami in a few weeks to visit some cousins. I may go hang out at Towers if time allows.. you'll be able to drool over the wheels in person..

I may go down to Miami in a few weeks to visit some cousins. I may go hang out at Towers if time allows.. you'll be able to drool over the wheels in person..

If you're down in Miami, Sir Pizza's Car Show is much closer than Tower Shops. We can meet there, hey, just sayin, why drive far North when there's a show locally here in Miami. I used to go to Tower Shops all the time then I found out about Sir Pizza.

Check out their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sir-Pizza-Car-Show/175673355857221

if i hadnt just got this motor, id of taken it off your hands. there are deals out there. the one rich & elliot just got for the $ wow

if i hadnt just got this motor, id of taken it off your hands. there are deals out there. the one rich & elliot just got for the $ wow

If you really want to get the good deals you have to #1, have the money & #2 go out & get it. I had to follow this woman for a mile until I saw she pulled in to a gas station & that's when I simply approached her with the simple question; "Are you interested in selling the car?" That was that, but I had to stop what I was doing & follow the car. Otherwise I wouldn't own it today.

If you really want to get the good deals you have to #1, have the money & #2 go out & get it. I had to follow this woman for a mile until I saw she pulled in to a gas station & that's when I simply approached her with the simple question; "Are you interested in selling the car?" That was that, but I had to stop what I was doing & follow the car. Otherwise I wouldn't own it today.

That could end in a knife fight

-Alan

Personally I like the late model cars. Your offer is better than her giving it to the RED Cross or something. You have kind of enough toys now. Hmmmmm, If you could get a good price on the '93; it might be worth it.

Personally I like the late model cars. Your offer is better than her giving it to the RED Cross or something. You have kind of enough toys now. Hmmmmm, If you could get a good price on the '93; it might be worth it.

Hehehe, there are never enough toy's in a man's garage!... or back yard in my case. :D

Well, unless something drastic happens, after this weekend's successful purchase, meticulous inspection & cleaning. The future of the 93 has been determined! I got the neon working on the 97, fixed the driver's side seat bezel, checked the underside of the car, no leaks, super clean car all around, cleaned the interior, trunk, motor, etc... Car has new upper/lower control arms & sway bar bushings & the best part about the suspension is that the rear was already converted to springs. Only have to spend half the cash on front suspension.

I'm swapping exhausts between the black 97 & the 93, replacing the Cobra R's again with the DXR wheels & removing the HID housings. When selling a car no one appreciates the above-mentioned parts when it comes to pricing anyway so they stay with me. I will miss the 93 but this 97 is incredible. I got the car for substantially lower than the last price mentioned & I'm simply shocked the car is in my hands.
I will keep everyone updated with the progress on the car!

20120512_204750.jpg

20120512_205011.jpg

20120512_204504.jpg

20120512_204639.jpg

I'm in LOVE!

Members online

Back