AZ LS Meet 5-5-12 Pavilions Who's Going?

that would be sweet to do a trip like that so how long have you guys had your lincolns????

Couldn't help but be a little surprised that when one of the LS's left and we went walkabout, this was what I came back to. Of all the cars I would have bet to park there, I didn't expect this. Bets would have been on an asian car lit up like the holidays or some behemoth truck...so this wasn't so bad.

lincolnvscadillac.jpg

Looking forward to a drive up north by the way...lets make sure this happens.

Last edited:
Nice have you had any major problems with them??

Can't speak for the others but I've had my '05 from new (75K miles) and the heater control valve is the only real issue I've had, apart from a broken traction control switch and the latch on the ceiling sunglass 'cubby'. This has been a really good car.

Keep in touch...

hey ya let me know about the drive up north i would love to go on that, and we should have a get together before then as well.

Nice have you had any major problems with them??

I have replaced the engine, degas bottle, water pump, window regulartor (twice), ball joints, and the hydrolic fan on my 2000.
And on my 2004 the coils (recalled), and the degas bottle.
Definatly have had less problems with my gen2.

Looking forward to a drive up north by the way...lets make sure this happens.

I will definatly make sure this happens! Sounds like a lot of fun!
we can get started now so people can get off work if they need to! When does everyone think they would be available to do this??

Setting up a date in the future will wrk for me. I have to give at least 3 weeks notice for any time off requests. Sounds like it would be a fun idea.

whenever is ok for me too. And ya you have a sweet ride i need to get my pics up soon to mine pretty much stock ;( but i like the classy look

Nice to meet you guys on Saturday - sorry we had to leave at 7:15 - my neighbor was tired and also had to go home and walk his dog. I had known in advance, I wouldn't have brought him!

Anyway, if you are thinking of going North next time, maybe consider the other direction also? Not sure where most of you live, but Payson is only a little more than 1 hour from our house in Fountain Hills, and at 5,000 ft elevation, it's nice and cool in the pines. If you want to drive further, you can go to Christopher Creek, Forest Lakes, (really cool there!) Heber Overgard, Show Low, or Pinetop-Lakeside. We have a weekend place in Pinetop, and I can tell you that the ride is very scenic, changing from desert to high country pines. Another thought would be to maybe meet somewhere to eat, or maybe even have a barbecue?

Richard Moore

I think both are great ideas. Maybe a Wickenburg to Prescott/Sedona run in mid July and a Fountain Hill to Payson run in late August.

Thinking further out, maybe a October run up to Mt Lemmon (Tucson).

Just throwing out ideas. My early August is full. More to plan/discuss.

OK...since you asked.....

Not so many of our LS's. Funny as it was, 6 of them were either silver/grey or white/cashmire. Only one was the red that Rollins has.

ls_1.jpg

ls_2.jpg

LS_3.jpg

ls_4.jpg

We do runs up north with the Dezert Focus gang (mostly Focus' owners but not exclusively so) and have done for years. Most go up Yarnell hill since it's the quickest and most fun way to get "north" and into cooler air. Interstates are for shortcuts home so we use them accordingly. There are several runs (5 routes) to the NW and the length of ones day and the driving mettle of the general attendees can determine the plan. Generally we do Wickenburg to Yarnell, to Prescott via White Spar (twisty city) and either back to Phoenix via 69 and I-17 or carry on to Jerome (it's easy to spend hours in Jerome) and Sedona. This Jerome Sedona run tends to take the day if any time at all is spent in Jerome. If it's to be a driving day, add Oak Creek canyon and Flagstaff after Sedona. Then back to Phoenix via I-17. There are more alternatives as well more tailored to pure driving.

Routes east, the fav is east to Globe, Salt River Canyon, Showlow, Springerville, Alpine then one of the 10 best roads in the US (per Automobile Magazine) from Alpine to the mines in Clifton/Morenci, Safford and back to Globe. This is what we all refer to as the Long Run and most the hardcores love this one, those of less driving mettle tend to bow out as it's been done by yours truly in a little over 10 hours (solo), but most often it takes 12+ with a group due to the nature of groups. Noteworthy bit about this run, it's long enough that they get talked about for years afterwards.

We've done this for sometime and none of these runs are boring.

A couple shots from some previous runs...

A run to Tucson...in Florence Jct (I think) on the back way to to Tucson.

focusdriveaug2009i.jpg

A Kirkland Jct Dinner run, all will remember by the 3 hour dinner...

thelongdinnerrun3.jpg

Jerome run, taken on Mingus mountain just outside of Jerome.

nfsrunoct2010fredu.jpg

Last edited:
so have we decided were we are gonna be going yet??? and what has everyone done to thier cars

Nothing particularly unique in the pics I finally downloaded off the camera. I should have taken more around the show and of individual cars.

lspavillionsmeetmay2012.jpg

Probably should have another local G2G to discuss individual cars and the next driving event. I did just talk via email with the Lotus Club rep and they just had to cancel a driving event due to lack of participation (if the Lotus isn't up to it they didn't consider bringing something else). He assured me that anyone driving anything (pretty much) would have been welcome since they'd like their club members to attend even if their Lotus can't. They're planning another one in September (same rules apply) but has no date set yet. As a default we could plan to go with that group. My Lotus won't be going as I know it won't be up to a cross country drive yet, even by then. So either the SVTF or the LS will be going. It's not stopping us from doing our own thing sometime sooner either, which I'm all for.

I can make a local G2G after returning from my vacation (maybe at a certain Scottsdale Home Theater business?) in June on either the 16th or the 30th (the saturdays I'm off). Or any of the fridays from the 8th on...

Members online

Back