Here she is... WIP ;)

I am going through my purchase history to find them for you. I just realized that you are asking about the projectors. When I read the link it made me think about the Halos. I have two sets of used OEM Audi A4 projectors. They were in flawless condition. There were two sets for sale and I was like HELL YEAH! They're just for me.

Okay, I have searched and searched. There are no 4" ccfl halos for sale any longer. You're gonna have to do the LED version.

Last edited:
Thank you and you're right, the lower grille does get blasted. As for the torch and springs, I assume that is what the smiley is about ;) The springs are made of steel. You can bend any form of steel with the correct type and amount of heat. For these I used Acetylene and Oxygen torch.
You have lost the strength of the spring in that heated region by removing the built in stress in the material. Yes you can bend it, but it will lose its spring rate and may become brittle enough to snap. This is why people that cut the springs have water sprayed on- even the heat from cutting can be enough to cause issues, let alone a torch. Please replace them so you don't kill yourself or anyone else when it lets go. Not only that, it may not settle evenly when its all said and done. You went so far with the rest of the suspension upgrade, why shortcut on one of the cheapest components?

Sorry to jack the thread, the car does look nice, and its one of the cleaner projector installs I have seen.

You have lost the strength of the spring in that heated region by removing the built in stress in the material. Yes you can bend it, but it will lose its spring rate and may become brittle enough to snap. This is why people that cut the springs have water sprayed on- even the heat from cutting can be enough to cause issues, let alone a torch. Please replace them so you don't kill yourself or anyone else when it lets go. Not only that, it may not settle evenly when its all said and done. You went so far with the rest of the suspension upgrade, why shortcut on one of the cheapest components?

Sorry to jack the thread, the car does look nice, and its one of the cleaner projector installs I have seen.

You're right about losing the strength of the very last coil, which is really not needed with this setup because the Bilstein shocks and new Eibachs are superb and the spring preload is a little greater because of the higher sitting spring perches. Non the less, since I have been doing this kind of work for quite a while, I have learned a few tricks over time, like not over heating a metal part to the point of destruction. Because of my profession, I have a shop with pretty much every tool and piece of equipment a mechanic could dream of. Thanks, Enduro! Furthermore, I used two 35cfm Exair cold guns to prevent the rest of the coil from unwanted heat. Hell, I even considered cutting those bottom coils off but I let them stay. Thank you for caring about my safety and others. I do appreciate it.

Last but not least, thank you for the props on my car! Yours looks nice, too :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back