2002 CE Video

holptj

LVC Member
Reaction score
2002 Lincoln Continental CE - YouTube

Found this on YouTube while searching for info on the CE. Is this someone on LvC?

It get a bit humorous at the 5:30 mark "the motor makes...more like 350 horse power."

You can tell the guy sure loves his CE, though.

Ah, finally got the video in the post.

Last edited:
Hahahaha yea I saw this video awhile ago. The best part is 9:45, when he makes that sound and says it again, but no, I don't think he's a member. The CE version is nice though, I like the wood grain and the swede in the seats, and the Continental in general has some cool ass features.

Edit: And you can run the Continental on 87 all day and never have a single problem in performance or mileage.

john-doe - glad you mentioned about the octane. I was going to post a question about using regular. My in-laws have a 00 Conti and always run 87. As far as I know, they've never had a problem. I assume the only real issues are power and mileage and the computer makes all necessary corrections. Power is not a big issue for me, but mileage might be. If it is significantly higher - enough to offset the price per gallon cost, I'll run the 92.

I filled up for the first time yesterday and opted for the 89. I think I'll see what kind of mileage I get out of this tank, and compare it to a tank of 92 on our upcoming long trip. On the way home I'll try 87 and then decide if 92 or 89 is worth the extra price per gallon.

I also have an '00 Continental that has been in the family since new and always run regular in it with no problems.

I've always ran regular with no problems. Once (when gas was cheap) I ran a full tank of premium and didn't see a lick of difference anywhere.

We have put ~1000 miles on in the last week - ran three tanks of regular and one tank of mid grade. We are averaging 22 mpg and did not see any difference between the mid grade and regular. We will head home Tuesday and I'll fill up with a tank of premium before we leave.

Two and 1/2 tanks on the way back - one of 92. If, and it's an iffy if, there was any improvement in mpg running the premium it was only 2mpg at best. Certainly not enough to justify the price difference.

Any thoughts on why Ford recommends the higher grade of gas?

Ford recommends the higher octane due to the 10:1 compression ratio of the 1996-1998 motors or the 10.7:1 ratio for 1999-2002 motors.

I have tried high octane and regular gas and saw no difference in power or mileage, and I watch very carefully.

High octane gas should be more stable as it has no ethonal in it.

Members online

Back