Window adjustment

fordfanatic69

LVC Member
Reaction score
How do you adjust the window height. One of mine hits to hard I think that it is adjusted to high and another one doesn't go up high enough and you can hear road noise. Please help I am going crazy.:confused:

You know, that is one heck of a good question and I would have to do some research through the manuals to find the correct procedure. Some cars can be tricky as they actually do a load sense on the motor to shut the motor off. In other words, once the window hits the end of it's travel, the motor spikes the amp draw and the sensor shuts it off. This all happens extremely quick and the amp spike is minimal. That's all it takes to get it done. However, I'm not sure if this car uses that technology or not. I would need to find out first.

Edit: This also may only be in the "auto" mode. Again, I'm not sure.

There has to be because I wouldn't be having the problems if there wasn't some type of adjustment.

fordfanatic69 said:
There has to be because I wouldn't be having the problems if there wasn't some type of adjustment.

Don't bet on that. LincolnTech may be correct. If it's not sealing correctly, you may need to look at things and check for a loose of bent regulator, bad window seal, etc. Now that I think about it...I don't remember seeing any adjustment last time I looked at a regulator. Maybe there's a stop adjustment for the motor??

Members online

Back