Dynomax Race Bullets with 97-98 tips

Grifter

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Pair of Dynomax Race Bullets with stock 97/98 Mark tips and hangers.

$75 + shipping

exhaust.JPG

I AM VERY INTERESTED!!

I will give you $75 shipped to 94544. Let me know you paypal addy.

I want my exhaust to be very similar, but would really like to hear how that sounds.

I love the look of the tips on the gen II's as is.

-Rick

it sounded good on my car, just WAY too loud with my setup for me. I'm sure my neighbors would agree.
prochamber + race bullets = LOUD. I swapped the bullets out for some polished magnaflows, and now it sounds perfect.

I am pretty sure my exhaust is going to remain stock with the exception of these mufflers. But am certainly trying to make the car a little bit less tame sounding.

I have them on our 97 LSC with stock exhaust and tips...and you know what? The car now sounds exactly the way it should as it drives down the road, both inside and out.

a nice deep rumble, without blasting off car alarms, but go WOT, and they hear ya coming.

I also have them on my 94 with removed resonator, but stock 2 into 1 exhaust...that's a different story...sounds meaner, but not louder.

Max...you'll LOVE them...and to retain the stock tri-angle tips...perfection.

I had the bullets zapped onto my car during lunch. For reference I have a base 98 Mark VIII with stock exhaust except for the bullets. I have to say from the outside they sound pretty darn good. As a matter of fact much better than I ever thought they would. I would give it an 8.5/10.

But on the inside it has been a somewhat mixed picture. They are really LOUD! I am scarred to say that they might be too loud (on the inside). They sound pretty good at idle and up to 1200rpms they are very subtle.
1300-1700rpms, under load - they are pretty darn loud.
1700-2400rpms, under load - they are VERY LOUD you have to turn up your music to hear it, and talk significantly louder to other people in order for them to hear you.
2400-3000rpms, under load - they are bearable
3000+rpms, the mufflers are surprisingly quiet?! But do sound good.
But boy that 1700-2400rpm range which is the cruising range seems louder than WOT although I might be wrong. I didn’t get a chance to test the car out on the freeway. But I will post an update on that as well.

In terms of bang for the buck they are GREAT! But they do drone quite a bit though. Then again I am a person that has never been in anything louder than a Infinity G35 coupe.

Good call on on how the pipes are.

I 'think' I was the 1st guy to run with the 'bullets'. Do a search for pics of my setup.

I've been sitting on a 2 in/2 out stainless steel magnaflow to replace the 3rd cat/resonator. Haven't gotten around to it. But you are right about the drone. I personally prefer less of it if possible. I'll try to get it installed and see what it does for the sound/drone.

But good analysis anyway.

Members online

Back