Back seat cupholders...

cableguynoe

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, so i rode in the backseat for the first time yesterday and was very disappointed.
Everytime i have someone back there and they have a drink i tell them(showing off) to pull down the center part of the seat and that there's cupholders there.
Well, yesterday i tried to put my drink in there and the darn thing would not hold it.
Infact, the design is so retarded, that i cannot possibly see how it could hold ANY drink...regardless of the size.

DO you guys know of any inserts or anything i could do so that the cup holders can actually hold cups?
Anyone else frustated by this?:confused:

backseat.JPG

My passengers absolutely love the rear cupholders in my 03 and 06 cars. These are far superior to the cheesy 00-02 designs.

cableguynoe said:
that doesnt really help me...now does it?:repost: :mad:

:eek:

Why not work the problem instead of whining? The blatantly obvious question is to see if the 03+ design will fit in your 01 car. Why don't you get motivated and investigate that for yourself. Be sure to report back with your findings.

Why dont i get motivated?...Are you freaking kidding me?

What the heck do you think I'm doing by posting here?

I'm asking the question to see if anyone else has already addressed this issue. Is this not investigating? Is this not the point to this forum...to help each other out?

Is it just me or is this guy a moron?

cableguynoe said:
Why dont i get motivated?...Are you freaking kidding me?

What the heck do you think I'm doing by posting here?

I'm asking the question to see if anyone else has already addressed this issue. Is this not investigating? Is this not the point to this forum...to help each other out?

Is it just me or is this guy a moron?

It's you, trust me. :D

Your post has been up for several days. Nobody has responded. You're the guy with the issue, so do something constructive: check it out yourself and see what will work.

ToddG said:
Your post has been up for several days. Nobody has responded. .

What does that prove?
Apperently no one else has done anything about their rear cup holders...and i will probably do the same.
There's no one in my back seat 98% of the time....so it's not a priority on my LS "to do " list....
But i was curious to see what others had done, if anything....since asking questions like this have helped me do several easy improvements/fixes on my car very cheap.
So i still dont get why you chime in on a post where you have no answer or positive input......
Looks like you're the one that need to go do something constructive with your time....:N

IMO what hrlincoln posted was constructive. Maybe you didn't know the design was changed in '03...I for one didn't know they were different before '03. With the information that there is a better design out there, you could contact someone in Ford parts and find out if you can get the '03+ armrest in your interior color and how much it would be, and maybe even if you could easily swap it out.

This is kinda off the subject but i don't know why someone would get on someone else for asking a question. Yeah, we can all be constructive when it comes to figuring things out but there is nothing wrong with asking to see if someone else already knows,right? I mean isn't that wh3+fy we have a forum in the first place? Anyway, i honestly don't know the answer to that question...I don't see why the 03+ seats wouldn't fit. You may have to replace the whole back seat. Probably your best bet would be to get with a lincoln dealer and match part numbers. Hope that helps a little bit. :)

Thanks guys. If it's a big deal i wont even bother. It really isnt that big of a deal to me. I was looking more for some kind of inserts.....ruber cushion, or something so that it will actually put pressure on a cup. I will see if i can MacGyver something.

Members online

No members online now.
Back