My LS Is Gone Too!

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Yep, its not exactly gone but well be next week. As some may remember my parents love it just as much as I do and since I told 'em I was going to sell or trade it they wanted it. Well they are refinancing their house and asked if they could through in my moms f-250 and my LS and its all going to work out. And to think I was getting very close to getting ripped off on trading in to get something slighty cheaper on payments and gas and now I do not have too.

The car well remain at home w/ me and I well get to drive it here and there and do plan to do the up keep on it such as washes and what not. As for me and what I well be driving I have 2 'birds so I well be driving the v8. I plan to do some stuff to that but nothing like modifying or anything, just replacing parts and getting maintance work done. I well than try and get the v6 going and probably just sell it.

I also plan to pay off the credit card and some other things and I can finally freakin' save a significant amount and work on getting a place of my own. I feel so releaved it is not funny.

As far as anything new, I well probably get something in a few months. Of course the top car on the list is still the new Mazda MX-5 but I want to look into that more and see what insurance and yada yada is on that. The next car is a new Civic EX coupe, I would go Si but I do not feel like the insurance and than I would still be putting premium in it so savings would not be much greater. Many other cars on the list aswell, I may even just look for another LS, probably alittle newer but I would want an LSE this time.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Sigh, another downsizer. Whazzup wit you peeps??

First it was an LS to a Chevy Cobalt. :confused:

Then an LS to a Civic Hybrid. :confused:

Now an LS to a Miata. :confused:

What's next? LS to Toyota Yaris? :eek:

:joke Good luck with whatever you get next.

Sucks on the LS. I see that you have two T-birds in your sig. Why don't you just drive one of them and forget buying a car? I mean, you already got them and they're free. You talk about money issues yet then you talk about buying a new car of some sort. If you can't drive those, just buy a 5-6K car. Thats why I drive my 11 year old car because I REFUSE to kill my self with a car payment (and insurance) just to tell people I have drive an '06 or whatever. Esp. when my car has no problems. I could care less. I have a friend who has an 06 Focus paying like $500 a month cause he made stupid decisions buying his last new car and this one. They gotem by the balls basically. My car is nicer and has features not even avail on the Focus (heated seats,etc). But I guess he is "cool" cause he drives a new car. :rolleyes: I'll keep my $500+ a month thank you. :) If 5 years ago he would have bought a nice, clean used car instead of two new ones in that same time frame he would have saved, I dunno, something like $24,000 in monthly payments and insurance :eek:

I had the money, just alot of it was going towards it so this is why I wanted to sell it or trade in if possible. That is the thing, people hear someone say they want to save money and immediately think they are in money trouble which I am not. I could keep the LS no problem really but just figure if I can get out of it and save up that little extra I would be better off down the road.

As for keeping the Birds, yes I do plan to keep one, the v8. The v6 is in rough shape but only really needs to get a new tranny(which I have, have to put in) and than it can be driven but not w/out a nice tune up. After that it would need a paint job cause it looks like sh!t. So I figure instead of wasting $1500 or so to get it looking and running great that I could just get it running decent and get a grand or more out of it. The v8 is in great shape besides the mileage unknown part. I plan to drive it for sometime but do not see it staying too long for 2 reasons. 1. I do not care for the car too much, but who knows I may end up loving it and 2. My g/f really needs a vehicle that is hers and one that doesn't need a ton of work like her '90 or '91 Mercury Sable which does not idle right now and needs a good tune up aswell. So I thought we would get that moving, and eventually I'd move into some car I really like and give her the 'bird.

I am just happy the LS is staying in the family. Hell I may end up w/ it down the road again if my parents haven't driven it to death(which I doubt). I am just doing what is right for me right now. Yea, having no car payment would be great for a long time but if I get said cars I hope to have much lower of a payment than I did w/ the LS and I am sure I well. I can do a $300 a month no problem, but something lower would be better. I am thinking about getting a car that is under $8k though so its not like I am only thinking about someting that is $15k plus, its just the cars I really like are up in that range. And like I said already, I have a big list of cars I like to different degrees ranging from gas savers to sports cars to luxo cars and that is why I have mentioned cars like the Cobalt, Civic, Tiburon, IS300, another LS, MR-2(drool, two for sale I know of). So its not like I am just jumping from one to another, its that I have looked into these and they have my interest.

BTW, anyone know of the new Cougars, like '99 and up? I see one for $6,995 that is dressed up a bit w/ nice rims and some other things for sale. I have always kind of liked them but do not know anything about 'em.

I think one thing that people do wrong is finance their car for too long of a peroid. It gets you in a bad cycle. If you buy and finance for anything over 48 months then most likely you'll have a car that has little equity when you go to sell or trade. People get attracted to 60 months because of a low payment or $0 down but that gets you nowhere down the line. Unless you have alot of equity in a trade or a decent down payment your almost always going to be upside down later.

My mom has a '99 cougar. It only has 42K miles on it and it isn't used much, and it is rattling. It isn't a well built car. We have only had to replace the alternator, battery, back shocks ( we load the crap out of it since it's a hatchback), and a tow arm (the idiot that towed it for the alternator didn't know what he was doing). Anyway, there is a bad delay from when you hit the gas and actually go. She bought it new, so there wasn't anything wrong with it. It is uncomfortable as hell (the cloth interior anyway). I can't even make an hour and a half trip to the shore without having back problems. The stereo sucks, the cup holder sucks, the back seat is too small for anybody over the age of ten. IMO I would get something else. It's not too bad to drive for a day, but I would not want to own it. That's just my take on it.

Thanks for the info, I heard some of what you said from others. I already have back problems so just about anything well screw w/ my back, even the LS does after about 30 minutes or so. I guess based on what I heard from numerous people I well steer clear from them. I am going to go out later and see if I can take one of the 2 MR-2s at this dealer for a test drive since I have still not taken one out and also try and hunt down a new civic w/ manual trans for a test drive aswell. Not buying anything yet, just continueing the research I started a couple of months ago.

Members online

Back