Custom Sub Box For 00-06 Lincolc Ls

hey guys... i've been doing some checking around, and working on a price for these things.... one of my local stereo stores i sell these things to charges 499 a side for these and 765 a side for ones make to hold the w7 for a beamer.... so i think the 300 dollars for a pair is outta the question.... i charge them 300 wholesale, unfinished per side..... and they sell these thing all day long..... i'm still working on an exact price for these and i'll defeintly cut a break if you buy the pair....so i'll let ya know

I made a fiberglass box that fits kinda like that on the right side, however this one looks cooler in my eyes.
Eamonn

bangin... i'll tell you what, if you can get a full custom fiberglass trunk for 600 dollars why haven't you done it yet......i don't know what the market is like down there but a full trunk job up here runs about 2-3 thousand dollars..... hook me up with the shops's name cause for that price i can't even buy materials......

LincolnLSpunk156 I can get the dimensions and whatnot for the box I would need and exact depth I would need the sub recessed but you also mentioned an amp rack along the same side of the car with the sub box and I would like to talk to you some more about this and some ideas I have....this is something I would like to see as a reality in the coming 3 months...

that is hott, i love it! im sick of the big bulky custom box i have in my trunk... i have 2 10 inch Kicker CVRs and if you could get a passenger and driver side to fit 10s, i will definatly buy them and put the subs out of the custom box and throw them in your box... $250-$300 doesnt sound bad at all for both of the boxes... looks great imo... and as long as it has little to no rattle...

BanginLS said:
well.. if u can make it for 2 twelves that fit solo barics.. i would go for it.. and its something ppl would look into.. but ur kinda late to tap into that market.. didnt the last LS come off the line today? it will fly for ppl beggining to hook up the car.. but i wouldnt change my set up for this.. maybe if it comes fiber glassed or something.. it all depends u know.. and how much was that price again? A custom box here is about 200 in miami.. for 799 i can do a complete trunk set up with amprank and 2 TV's wired and installed u know.. so let me know what im gettin for my money..

where did i mention i get FIBERGLASS for 799.. i can get a custom box with beauty board and tv's for that price.. here fiberglass is charged on labor only.. its not really much on parts.. but its like 450 a day.. and depending on what u want.. it costs more or less.. 2grand sounds good for fiberglass.. but i never said i got a fiberglass setup for that price..

nobody online will spend 700 on a box man.. its not worth it.. i dont know about ppl here.. but i rather have an indash. headrests.. or something a lot nicer to my car than a box for 700.. for that price i can buy a new system..

alright guys.... i think we pretty much finalized pricing on these things if we are to put them into production.... i'm gonna be selling these thing for 400 all day long everywhere but here i've listened to your feedback as far as price and everything and what were gonna do is 250 for one side or 400 for the pair. That price will be plug and play.... speaker terminals in the box and everything.... now for that you can either have it shipped to you carpeted in OEM match carpet or primered (scuffed, sanded, wet sanded) ready to paint. If you get it carpeted you screw in your sub plug into your amp and your done... if you get it primered you take it to your paint guy he spays it and your done...... i wish i could go cheaper for ya guys but that right there is a steal it's self.....I do have to be able to break even on the molds the labor and the supplies.....

solace.... that sounds sweet shoot me an email with your ideas as far as the recessed sub, how you want it to sit in the trunk... where you want the amp rack and how you want it facing.... also send me the mounting depth of the sub, the outter diameter of the sub and the inner diameter(speaker cut out hole) this sounds like it's gonna be a full custom job (not a mold produced item so we'll have to talk about an idea on price.... also if ya got any other ideas that you'd like to see come into reality...... email me at crustbomb@aol.com

lenndawg... were working on the kicker box as we speak but it's for the 12 inch L7's send me the mounting depth and the speaker cut out of your kicker and how you would want it set and i'm sure i can work something out man..... email me crustbomb@aol.com ....

how do they hold into place? just wondering..

i cna always hold it down with my own "L" brackets.. but if we can get this resolved before its done with production.. it would be better.. maybe some sort of velcro that sticks to OEM rug..

hey bangin... weve been working on that... the box is acully pretty stable...and sits pretty tight in the corner of the trunk but will still probally need to be mounted (exspecially if you drive yours like i drive mine) what were working on if figureing out how to you the trim clip (christmas tree clip)
to mount these things too.....if nothing else velcro always works too.....

as far as production these should be ready in a week or two... maybe a tad for for the kicker ones.... ( still working some of the bugs out of them) but even theseb one should be good to go soon.... if your serious about wanting a pair of these let me know. what i'll do is i'll take a 50 dollar deposit, which will entitle you to one of the first off the line (after the testers of course) basiclly just so i know how many i need to make one my first production run.....

LincolnLSpunk156 said:
hey bangin... weve been working on that... the box is acully pretty stable...and sits pretty tight in the corner of the trunk but will still probally need to be mounted (exspecially if you drive yours like i drive mine) what were working on if figureing out how to you the trim clip (christmas tree clip)
to mount these things too.....if nothing else velcro always works too.....

uy lost me wit the xmas tree clips there

LincolnLSpunk156 said:
as far as production these should be ready in a week or two... maybe a tad for for the kicker ones.... ( still working some of the bugs out of them) but even theseb one should be good to go soon.... if your serious about wanting a pair of these let me know. what i'll do is i'll take a 50 dollar deposit, which will entitle you to one of the first off the line (after the testers of course) basiclly just so i know how many i need to make one my first production run.....

So to order these do we need to tell you what sub we are buying?

bangin... if you look in the corner area of you trunk where this box fits..... right in the middle underneth the lip theres a trim clip that hold the trunk liner in.....it can be pulled out to remove the liner.... were trying to find a clip long enough that we can drill a small hole in the back of the box and then seal in one of those clips so you will be able to remove that clip... align the box and just press it right into the hole (where the clip you removed goes) and it'll will be attached and aligned perfect..... i included a few pictures incase you don't wanna go out to your car

DSC00720.JPG

DSC00721.JPG

i know where ur talkin about.. but dont u think it will eventually break the OEM rug depending on the weight of the speaker? maybe double sided velcro tape below to hold it from gainin momentum.. plus that clip.. that should do it..

no you don't nessisarily have to tell me what sub your buying.... by telling me the sub you are buying (speaker cut out and outer diameter) it will allow me to custom cut the box to fit your exact speaker.... unless you give me specifics the box will come with a 11.5 inch cutout ( to big for some, to small for others, but it's a very good happy medium which is why we chose that size).... the box will have a mounting depth of approx 7.5 to 8 inches and alittle under a cubic foot of airspace..... you for sure will have to let us know if you want a 10 inch being that the one shown on this site is for a 12 inch.... why don't we do this..... email me... tell me what size you want (10 or 12), what finish ( carpeted or primered ready to paint) which side or if you want the pair, and then if you know your speaker specs send those to me also...... if you don't know yet it will come as stated above..... eamil me at crustbomb@aol.com

that clip goes into the body of the car so the box would be attached right into the body and not just onto the carpet...

the clip would be put through from the inside of the box....sealed from the inside, and then go into the body of the car with the clip.... i would think that would be the strongest way....

I will have some time in the next few days to get some more specs together for exactly what I need and I will email you with the info and we can work out some pricing and design issues. THANKS!

sounds good solace... keep me posted cause i'm defiently interested in seeing what this will turn out like and looking forward to building it for ya....who knows maybe you have an idea that could be usd as a base for a producable product

I am definitely interested in the kickers setup, let me know when you have finalized this idea and able to sell it.

richie.... let me know what size kickers..... and do you want it ported or sealed...(sealed will sit about the same as a round, ported needs about double the airspace so it will have to sit out farther

Members online

No members online now.
Back