lse got stripped - heads up people

executivechef01

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey all, i wanted to give you guys a heads up to anyone with aftermarket upgrades. i recently was at a hotel in new jersey to celebrate my college graduation, and was awaken by hotel security to inform me that my car was vandalized. when i got downstairs i found everything (audio and kens intake) stripped. my trunk lid was on actuators welded to the body which prevents even lifting the lid without my viper remote. this was done in a well lit sheraton resort parking lot and my car had the viper 791xv alarm with airhorns attached to thealarm. some how noone heard anything. the stuff taken is replaceable, but not the time and effort that goes into it. this is a heads up to make sure you have a good alarm and above all your insurance knows and has pictures of all modifications so there is no concern, trust me its worth it, this happened in the most unlikely of places - keep in mind i live in brooklyn, which is probably like columbia lol. anyways keep an eye out and im rebuildingso hopefully i will have new pics up and such along the way.

Sorry to hear of the incident. It is a sad state of affairs that there are parasites out there that think nothing of stealing someone's hard work.
I just hope that justice catches up with this scum.
Congratulations on your graduation....
Doug

sorry to hear that.. i had my HIDs stolen recently.. and ur right about the insurance.. i got about 9grand in my car, and its about 500 a year to cover 11k of upgrades.. i want money in my pocket if someone steals my stuff u know..

also.. can u drop some pics of ur car and trunk before the vandalism please? been dieing to see the set up..

they managed to get my cybershot that had the pics on them, ive been meaning to get around to posting them for months ( i get busy or lazy).i have after vandalism and if you got email i can send them, and thanks doug for the congrats. i will be posting new pics in detail this time as i go along

BanginLS said:
sorry to hear that.. i had my HIDs stolen recently.. and ur right about the insurance.. i got about 9grand in my car, and its about 500 a year to cover 11k of upgrades.. i want money in my pocket if someone steals my stuff u know..

also.. can u drop some pics of ur car and trunk before the vandalism please? been dieing to see the set up..

Damn, they jacked your HIDs?

Sheesh! You can't have anything nice anymore. I hate to hear about that.

However, congrats on the graduation.

DAMN reason 525 why i am gettin a clifford alarm but apparently it didnt stop them either, sh!t! Good luck with gettin her (the LS) back together.

-Scott-

dude that sux, if you got any connections ask local body/performance shops . . . sometimes they may have info . . . I plead the 5th

thanks all for your concern and congrats, we have many connections car clubs and installers around nyc/nj and hence the shops in staten island lol, but the main point is you can never have too much security and safety - and make sure on any install you hid your brain for that unit far away and well secured

Aww man, sorry about that. I know how that feels. Congratulations on your graduation though =)

Sorry to hear about your car being vandalized; after you get your insurance check,get a perimeter alarm and make it ultra-sensitive.

Foget 911, I dial 357!

the reason nobody heard your alarm is because they probably cut the wires quick. I don't know anything about the LS but on my last car you could pop the hood and cut the wires to the alarm in about 2 minutes (professional thiefs at least). Thats because the hood release cable went right behind the fenderwell and every crook in the world knew it. Also, be weary about what you have on your car. Everytime you take your car somewhere to get something installed, the people there see what's on your car and they end up telling other people etc and :q:q:q:q spreads. Seen it happen a million times especially if your car is well known. There are alot of crooks that work as installers at speed shops and audio places especially in the import world. I can personally atest that coming from the import scene I have seen the shadyest mofos ever. Some of these people I wouldn't even turn my back to let alone install anyting in my car. Best thing is to install everything yourself and if somebody ever asks about your car just play dumb about your mods.

i`m sorry to hear that man .. hopefully u can get it better that what u had it before.. still sucks though. good luck with that and congrats on the graduation...

jace

A while back I posted a few replies expressing my concern over getting my HID's stolen. Most said I was worrying about nothing. A couple of weeks ago, some thief damaged my car trying to steal it. Now I read your post. I'm thinking that now that our LS's have been around for a few years, the used car prices are making them more accessable to the lower life forms. They need a source of parts for these older cars and they naturally think of stealing them first.

damn sorry about that bro :( have to echo Ghost's statements, it's like you can't have anything nice anymore, someone else feels it's their right to take your hard earned possessions. im a fan of personal justice so if i ever see anyone messing with my ride, its on...

thanks all for your concern and advice etc i appreciate it all, the new car will be hot and im still in love with the factory rims althoug im thinking about a mclaren grill for a good rpice, anyways come out to the carlisle ford nationals ill be there fully loaded and fully restored hopefully with a heavy hitting lse ordered subs today and amps and hopefully xbox 360 for you gamers!

executivechef01 said:
hey all, i wanted to give you guys a heads up to anyone with aftermarket upgrades. i recently was at a hotel in new jersey to celebrate my college graduation, and was awaken by hotel security to inform me that my car was vandalized. when i got downstairs i found everything (audio and kens intake) stripped. my trunk lid was on actuators welded to the body which prevents even lifting the lid without my viper remote. this was done in a well lit sheraton resort parking lot and my car had the viper 791xv alarm with airhorns attached to thealarm. some how noone heard anything. the stuff taken is replaceable, but not the time and effort that goes into it. this is a heads up to make sure you have a good alarm and above all your insurance knows and has pictures of all modifications so there is no concern, trust me its worth it, this happened in the most unlikely of places - keep in mind i live in brooklyn, which is probably like columbia lol. anyways keep an eye out and im rebuildingso hopefully i will have new pics up and such along the way.

That is a bummer. With your experience what sort of add-on (if any) would you recommend for the lsc now?

man all it takes anymore is for a car tief is to copy the vin number from the front window. they can go to the car dealer and have a key cut for $40-$50 and they're gone, and nobdy suspects anything. good thing is there's an easy fix. put a 3x5 notecard in the corner of the dash to cover it.

jolinc01 said:
man all it takes anymore is for a car tief is to copy the vin number from the front window. they can go to the car dealer and have a key cut for $40-$50 and they're gone, and nobdy suspects anything. good thing is there's an easy fix. put a 3x5 notecard in the corner of the dash to cover it.

If I found a dealer that did that without proper ID, God help him.... That's why it's supposed to be so hard to get a key that way.

But if some thief has a buddy that works in a dealership......

2001LS8Sport said:
If I found a dealer that did that without proper ID, God help him.... That's why it's supposed to be so hard to get a key that way.

But if some thief has a buddy that works in a dealership......

I didn't believe this so I had a buddy take my VIN to a ford Dealer He told them that he had his keys stolen and needed a new set for 3 cars. and for $45 ea. came back with a keys for my Mustang and my van. They would not do the 98 Mark they said you had to have two keys to make a spare or you have to replace the whole assy. not sure if that is true or they just wanted to take us $385.

Holy crap Batman!:eek: :eek: I could not believe it. You bet your sweet a$$ I will be covering up the VINs on the Frat fleet!

Members online

Back