2006 Lexus GS 430 lights in my LS.

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know one of the members already has done this before to his LS, but I think it's a great idea to use the new Lexus lights in our LSs.

I ordered a set of license plate lights from the 06 GS 430 for $71 at the local dealer. What I found out was that the 05s and the 06s differ, the earlier lights are sold individually and the combined price is higher than the 06's set. The IS350 has that type of lights too, but they were more expensive than the GS430's.

Anyways, I removed the boards (I am not sure if they are called like that) from the lexus lights and mounted them in my LS. Here are some pictures.

Sorry the pictures came out kind of bad.

DSC03658.JPG

lexus lights.JPG

DSC03660.JPG

you want your license plate bright so the cops can read it clearly huh? haha jp, it looks good man, i replaced the bulbs with the Varad LEDs and it lights it up nice too...

I think if cops wanna read my license plates they will man, even without any lights.

HyeLifeLS said:
I think if cops wanna read my license plates they will man, even without any lights.

Dat's what happens in da LBZ, dood.

Nice mod, terrible pictures. What was the part number, and was it just the bulbs or something more?

Yea, I'll try to take some better pictures later.

I have the part number in the car, I'll put that up too later. It was the whole light assy that came with it, both lights and the wiring. I had to brake the lights though to get the working parts out of em.

ToddG said:
Dat's what happens in da LBZ, dood.

Nice mod, terrible pictures. What was the part number, and was it just the bulbs or something more?

3Klub, read here.

I removed the light from the light assy of the Lexus and mounted it on the lights of my LS. I also added some mirror like tape inside the lights themself, because they were just plain black and they weren't reflective. I am sure you can easily do it to any car, just get hold of some of those lights first.

Looks good I was the one who did this mod and you cannot take a good photo of these lamps at night. You have to see them at night in person.

SA400004.jpg

its not orangey lookin anymore, and it makes a good enough difference for me... the only bad thing is the light doesnt point down through the lens, so im probably not getting as much light as i could be, but i dont want it that bright anyway... ill try and post pics if i catch a break in the weather... we just got 5+ inches of snow where i live right after all the snow just got done melting!! :mad:

Part Number

Here is the part number for those who might need em.

81270-30260

2006 GS 300

Members online

Back