Found a DEAL on NEW OEM coils!!!

mike690003

LVC Member
Reaction score
I met a guy the other day who was also driving an LS. He was an older businessman, who was a manager at the local Lincoln/Mercury dealership. We talked for a while about cars, and I asked him what the most common LS repair that he makes at the dealership. He told me that hands down, it was coils. I told him how I recently went to his dealership and had my coils replaced, at the tune of $1700. He decided to give me a deal on any future part or service I might need. Now, he is going to sell me coils for $30 each. So, if anyone needs NEW OEM coils just PM me.

is he local

Is the guy with the coils local and how long does it take to get them .....Im gonna be heading down that way in a few weeks so if you could let me knowI want 6.....

I am getting a ton of PM's about these coils! Is everyone having the missing/hesitation issue that almost all LS's go through?

Regarding the purchase of the coils, just paypal the funds ($30xthe amount of coils you need+$10 to ship them). Once you have added up the amount, paypal the funds to me at: superweenie2@hotmail.com. I will ship the coils out the 24-48 hours after I receive payment.

Thank You

The last time I went to buy coils from a dealer, they were over $100 a pop for the latest updated part number. I bought some of the older outdated coils from a dealership in TX for $32 each. What's the part number on the coils?

$30 for the updated part would be a steal; but it also leaves me a little suspect. Plus, if you're getting so many PM's about the coils, I doubt that this manager will have enough in stock to fill all the orders, so I would think the turn around time for delivery would be a bit longer than the 24-48 hours.

I appreciate your offer, but you and your manager might soon find yourselves overwhelmed with requests for these and you might soon use up your "discount" at the dealership. I really can't see the manager letting you have 100 coils at that price, knowing that you aren't the true recipient of them. You might want to consider letting people deal one-on-one with your manager or see if he'll help out the collective whole of LS owners with this ongoing plague.

I understand what you are saying, but the manager is not going to "run dry" on these coils. These coils are a NEW batch, not some old supply that has been laying around forever. The coils can be had for the same $30, and the supply CAN keep up with the demand. The parts the dealership receive come from a HUGE almost 200,000 sq ft warehouse. That is only ONE of the many warehouses they own that stock parts. To get the deal on the coils, I just have to get them from the warehouse myself. I am basically a "parts runner", first I pay him the money, then the manager prints out the order on a sheet, and I go and pick them up. It's very simple, and I guarantee that I will have them shipped out in the 24-48 hour timeframe. The post office is about 5 minutes from my home, and I have access to boxes and bubble wrap. There's no need to be skeptical or suspect on this deal. After a few members get their coils, they will chime in and provide their feedback.

Anyone else interested in NEW OEM coils?

I have access to coils for BOTH LS's. I can get other parts also, such a spark plugs, filters, and many other things.

Are these coils with the boots or just coils? Have you depleted the warehouse already?

mike690003 said:
I have access to coils for BOTH LS's. I can get other parts also, such a spark plugs, filters, and many other things.

shocks?

mike690003 said:
I understand what you are saying, but the manager is not going to "run dry" on these coils. These coils are a NEW batch, not some old supply that has been laying around forever. The coils can be had for the same $30, and the supply CAN keep up with the demand. The parts the dealership receive come from a HUGE almost 200,000 sq ft warehouse. That is only ONE of the many warehouses they own that stock parts. To get the deal on the coils, I just have to get them from the warehouse myself. I am basically a "parts runner", first I pay him the money, then the manager prints out the order on a sheet, and I go and pick them up. It's very simple, and I guarantee that I will have them shipped out in the 24-48 hour timeframe. The post office is about 5 minutes from my home, and I have access to boxes and bubble wrap. There's no need to be skeptical or suspect on this deal. After a few members get their coils, they will chime in and provide their feedback.

Anyone else interested in NEW OEM coils?
I own a 2000 ls and I've been having hesitation problems with mine also, my check engine light hasn't came on yet but I have took it to the dealership and they ran it on the computer and tested and came telling me they didn't see anything, the only thing they said was maybe it's the plugs or maybe it's a bad coil or may you got a hold of some bad gas. I tried some fuel injection cleaner and that seemed to help a little but it's coming back now.

Any suggestions

Does the hesitation get worse the longer you drive the car?

"They ran it on the computer" sounds like they checked the PCM for codes. If you suspect your coils (or the plugs) you need to have them run a balance load test on the ignition coils. This will measure the resistance in the coils and if any are leaning towards failure. If the dealership can't figure this out, go to another dealership.

The hesitation could be caused by other things like a leaking injector or oil in the spark plug wells. Depending on the mileage of your car, you may want to think about changing the plugs. At the very least, you'll see if there's oil in the plug wells which means you have a VC gasket change in your future.

If you truely suspect the coils, then take the car out and drive the wheels off of it. Seriously, heat the motor up and accellerate rapidly... the heat will cause the weak coil to fail and trigger a CE light... then you can find out what coil is bad and replace it.

LS44 said:
I own a 2000 ls and I've been having hesitation problems with mine also, my check engine light hasn't came on yet but I have took it to the dealership and they ran it on the computer and tested and came telling me they didn't see anything, the only thing they said was maybe it's the plugs or maybe it's a bad coil or may you got a hold of some bad gas. I tried some fuel injection cleaner and that seemed to help a little but it's coming back now.

Any suggestions

trust me, its the coils. before my car got messed up. i had a small sputter/hesitation problem with my 2000 ls. i changed the spark plugs and i still felt the problem, i changed all 8 coils and my car was just like new.
the diagnostic machine will only show if a coil is 100% dead. maybe your coil(s) are/is just giving the minimum connection to the spark plug so the machine reads "ok"

I have 83K miles on it. I have tried pushing the car hard and nothing really happend, as a matter of fact it does better when I really hit the gas instead of slowly accellerating.

LS44 said:
I have 83K miles on it. I have tried pushing the car hard and nothing really happend, as a matter of fact it does better when I really hit the gas instead of slowly accellerating.

please dont push your car hard again, while your check engine light is on or comes on periodically. trust me, you'll damage your engine. the problem is your coils, just change them, along with your spark plugs and you will notice the difference. i think theres a guy sellin the coils @ a sweet price in this thread.

dooneybaby said:
trust me, its the coils. before my car got messed up. i had a small sputter/hesitation problem with my 2000 ls. i changed the spark plugs and i still felt the problem, i changed all 8 coils and my car was just like new.
the diagnostic machine will only show if a coil is 100% dead. maybe your coil(s) are/is just giving the minimum connection to the spark plug so the machine reads "ok"

This isn't true. You can take your car to the dealer and have them put it on the machine and they will definately be able to tell you which coil is bad without the CEL ever coming on. This happened to me. Just let them know why you want it tested because if you just tell them to check the car for codes they will probably use the handheld reader instead of actually hooking it up to the diagnostic computer.

ovsims said:
This isn't true. You can take your car to the dealer and have them put it on the machine and they will definately be able to tell you which coil is bad without the CEL ever coming on.

I believe it's called a balance load test.

Members online

No members online now.
Back