Silverstar Headlight Bulbs?

elchory1201

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Are the SILVESTAR BULS any different in color than stock 2000 LS bulbs? will they be brighter/whiter/blue like HID ? I was reading the box and says closest thing to HID, what do you guys think?

Yes

I love them.. :D

They are brighter and white not a yellow hue light the old halogen bulbs. They have a bright white/blue hue.

Get the fogs too

Nope, but I could do it this evening if you want me to.

Trust me I have never heard anyone complain.

I have yet to replace my highbeams so I show those so you can see the color difference.

elchory1201 said:
Are the SILVESTAR BULS any different in color than stock 2000 LS bulbs? will they be brighter/whiter/blue like HID ? I was reading the box and says closest thing to HID, what do you guys think?

What do you want? Looks or function? I replaced all my bulbs in my '00 with Silverstars and am totally satisified. Halogen lights look yellow by comparison. They aren't as good as the HIDs in our '06, but they are much brighter/whiter than stock.

I put Silverstars in each socket on the front of my LS. They are brighter and whiter than stock, but don't neccesarily stand out on the hwy like HID's. The silverstars are like 5000K or somethin. I have installed Eurodezigns 8500K on my motorcycle and they are impressive. The Eurodezigns have a blue tint. I'm debating myself to upgrade to 8500K. You want to save money and buy my 3 week old Silverstars?

Mac98SHO said:
Yes

I love them.. :D

They are brighter and white not a yellow hue light the old halogen bulbs. They have a bright white/blue hue.

Get the fogs too

SilverStar Bulbs are Whiter but they aren't blue for a Bright White with blue tint try Street Glow Xenon bulbs I replaced my silverstars with them they're sweet only cost 15 bucks to boot :)

hey elchory, I hope this pic helps you. I have the Sylvanis silverstars in the low/high beams and foglights. Believe me they are bright enough and maybe no HID but each bulb was like $20. I have been flashed before because people think I have my brights on. Sylvanis gives off a real nice white light. Now understand that this is just a picture and does not look as good as in person but I thought I would try to help you out.

2069704_20_full.jpg

I will still send you picture if you like.

Yes they are a bright white.... with little hint of blue.

"Street Glow Xenon bulbs" <--- have these in my SHO.

I've tried Silverstars and didn't like them. In fact, I have a garage full of bulbs I don't like. I currently use Eurolite Fusion and am very satisfied with them, easily the best I've use so far. They give off a nice blue tint which was what I was looking for.

Have you thought about the Hoen bulbs? I have ran both the Silverstars and the Hoen's in my LS. The Hoen's will be brighter ever time. Below is a picture showing the difference in the two:

hoen2.jpg

Dont waste your money on bulbs. I had the same idea about the silverstar but then i went to my mod dealer and he showed me the HID kit. Only $350 + installation and wow i love em to death it was the best investment i ever made. Once i got it all my firends got the kit on thier cars it made thier old blue and white bulbs loook yellow. My suggestion is to spend more money and get something that will last longer and be brighter. I got blue in the head lights and white bulbs put in the fogs. i wanted them both white but the blue looks better so when i get the energy to do it i will change the fogs to blue bulbs. Good luck man

Hey Ken, what about them bulbs you are selling for the $15? What difference do they make in the interior? Does it brighten it up and give a difference appearance than the yellowish stock ones?

Hey Ken,
Do you have to rotate those Silverstars and Hoens side-to-side so that they'll burn evenly?

I really like Silverstars. They give a crisp, white light- so much better than stock. Have them for highs, lows and fogs. I'm sure HIDs look better but, personally speaking, not $400 better.

Beamer said:
Hey Ken, what about them bulbs you are selling for the $15? What difference do they make in the interior? Does it brighten it up and give a difference appearance than the yellowish stock ones?
The Hoen City Light bulbs burn whiter than the original ones. They are more of super bright white than yellow. Here are a couple of pics showing the difference:

domelight6.jpg

OEM Bulb (note yellowish look)
interiorlight1.jpg

Hoen Xenon Bulb (more white)
interiorlight2.jpg

bill5 said:
Hey Ken,
Do you have to rotate those Silverstars and Hoens side-to-side so that they'll burn evenly?

I really like Silverstars. They give a crisp, white light- so much better than stock. Have them for highs, lows and fogs. I'm sure HIDs look better but, personally speaking, not $400 better.
You're a funny guy Bill! When you coming back to K-town for a visit?

Mysterio505 said:
Dont waste your money on bulbs. I had the same idea about the silverstar but then i went to my mod dealer and he showed me the HID kit. Only $350 + installation and wow i love em to death it was the best investment i ever made. Once i got it all my firends got the kit on thier cars it made thier old blue and white bulbs loook yellow. My suggestion is to spend more money and get something that will last longer and be brighter. I got blue in the head lights and white bulbs put in the fogs. i wanted them both white but the blue looks better so when i get the energy to do it i will change the fogs to blue bulbs. Good luck man
I will agree with you there. It's an expensive switch over but once you have experienced HID it's hard to go back to regular halogen. I'm currently running the 4300K Xentronic HID system in my car and absolutely love it. The Hoen's are a great bulb but don't hold a candle to the HID's.

I bought the Hoen ones from Ken and am very happy with them. Not HID but a lot nice than stock.

GrayGhost1 said:
You're a funny guy Bill! When you coming back to K-town for a visit?

Hoping to get over there next month. I need to pick up some of those new fangled eyebrows the next trip over. I'm craving Polo Del Mar and a pitcher of margaritas at Che Guevera/La Paz. Maybe we can make that happen. :)

bill5 said:
Hoping to get over there next month. I need to pick up some of those new fangled eyebrows the next trip over. I'm craving Polo Del Mar and a pitcher of margaritas at Che Guevera/La Paz. Maybe we can make that happen. :)
Cool! You just name the date and time!

GrayGhost1,

Your site says those bulbs wont fit my Map light on my 01 LS Sport, have you been able to find ones that will work?

I have Midnight Black interior so I think, if I was able replace all the courtesy light it be a lot brighter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back