exhaust

fordfanatic69

LVC Member
Reaction score
if i were to cut off the resignators would hurt anything and sound better. also what are they for anyway.

i dont think itll hurt anything. i cut mine off and u can tell a diff. in sound and feel. the only thing is it kind putters, if that bothers u then i wouldnt do it. but at WOT you can definatly notice the diff.

The resonators are designed to eliminate droning noise caused by the resonance of the exhaust pulses. Without them, you'll get a bit more of a drone and a "burble" from the exhaust.... it won't sound smooth like it does with them.

will it lope like a yukon or just sound like grap? I would like to do something that gives the car a throaty sound but not too loud. What if i left the resignators on and cut of the mufs?:D

fordfanatic69 said:
will it lope like a yukon or just sound like grap? I would like to do something that gives the car a throaty sound but not too loud. What if i left the resignators on and cut of the mufs?:D

As long as you weld some magnaflows back on....

dont cut the muffs unless u really want it loud and obnoctious (spelling), it doesnt sound bad at all without the res. its enough to notice but not too loud to make u hate it. it really sound good on highways or flooring it. if u want a good sounding exhaust, cut the res. and add some new muffs to it. maybe some flowmaster 40 (might be to throaty). with that set up it should sound good. thats what im thinking about doin next week

is it load inside your car the way you have it now? If you do change it soon let me know i would love to know how it sounds.

Members online

Back