Look What Santa Delivered

Let me just say, you may want to trim a bit off the underside of the rear bumper cover around those exhaust tips. We've proceeded to semi-melt the rear bumper because the tips don't exit low enough and the bumper was catching a lot of heat right there. Just a heads up. You're gonna like the sound though!

I will definitely watch the spacing on the exhaust tips. Hopefully I will be to put it on later this week. I have a good friend who owns a repair shop with four lifts. While I am at it I am also changing the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs.

OLLY00 said:
I will definitely watch the spacing on the exhaust tips. Hopefully I will be to put it on later this week. I have a good friend who owns a repair shop with four lifts. While I am at it I am also changing the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs.

i'm in for a sound clip as well.

Let me just say, you may want to trim a bit off the underside of the rear bumper cover around those exhaust tips. We've proceeded to semi-melt the rear bumper because the tips don't exit low enough and the bumper was catching a lot of heat right there. Just a heads up. You're gonna like the sound though!

Just put it on and let it heat up then cut the melted part away. Then just repeat until it stops melting. :N

That is actually how I did it but I didn't know it was going to melt anything do it beforehand.

Anyway, I love mine. Like everyone else said, it's barely louder than stock at idle but when you get on it, it sounds great.

ah :q:q:q:q it. i ordered mine today and will have it tomorrow. hopefully i can get one of the techs to install it before the weekend.

I'm going to change the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs tonight and if I have enough time I will install the exhaust.

to add VIDEO OR SOUND you need to record the clip (DUHHH) and then load it onto your computer .....( if you need software let me know) then you need to upload it to a server...like www.putfile.com or some other FREE one (DONT PAY UNLESS you need LOTS OF SPACE) and post the link on here and we will love you very much for it (only if it is a v6) LOL let me know if you need anything else......

OLLY00,

Glad to see someone else from the KC area. I am new here. I have the V8 as well, would love to see how it sounds once you get it installed.

Do you have any information on manufacturer, price, etc...

Thanks,
Steve

Santa was going to bring me an exhaust, but he decided my passenger rear brake should eat into the rotor. I took it in to be replaced, of course a dealership will want to replace both rotors & brake pads to be keep it even. I'm also finally getting my 2 rear O2 sensors replaced and a new cabin air filter. There goes the exhaust $$.

Here is how that visit is going. While the technician was removing the brake caliper slides, he broke one and the service ticket writer called me and tried to charge me $89 for a new one b/c the technician broke a rusted slide and they needed me to wait 2 days to get my car back!! I spoke with the manager and he said that they charge everyone an $8 - $10 premium when brake repairs are being done b/c small parts like this break all of the time. So the manager gave me a loaner car and is replacing the slide at no charge.
Damn service ticket writer! He said later, sometimes I call with good news and sometimes with bad news. I told him, you are just looking out for yourself. He gave no response. Great customer service right? The dealership owner will get a letter about this guy and how the manager made it better. This is the 3rd Ford/Lincoln dealership I've been to and I've all problems at all of them.

Midas78 said:
Here is how that visit is going. While the technician was removing the brake caliper slides, he broke one and the service ticket writer called me and tried to charge me $89 for a new one b/c the technician broke a rusted slide and they needed me to wait 2 days to get my car back!! I spoke with the manager and he said that they charge everyone an $8 - $10 premium when brake repairs are being done b/c small parts like this break all of the time. So the manager gave me a loaner car and is replacing the slide at no charge.
Damn service ticket writer! He said later, sometimes I call with good news and sometimes with bad news. I told him, you are just looking out for yourself. He gave no response. Great customer service right? The dealership owner will get a letter about this guy and how the manager made it better. This is the 3rd Ford/Lincoln dealership I've been to and I've all problems at all of them.
Yeah, that's stupid--the slides aren't that expensive--I think the last one I bought was less than $10 retail at the local Ford shop. Hell, they're just fancy machined steel bolts; it's not like they're made of some exotic alloy or complex parts.

It sounds like the manager's taking care of you, but it shouldn't have taken that--the service writer should have done that himself. I understand that he's supposed to look out for the shop's interests, but screwing the customer's a good way to sink the shop. Pathetic, just pathetic.:runaway: :yuck:

00ls-sport said:
ah :q:q:q:q it. i ordered mine today and will have it tomorrow. hopefully i can get one of the techs to install it before the weekend.

she's in the air!!!

Well I finally got it done last night (Magnaflow) and it sounds OOOOHHHH HO HO HO SOOOOOOO good. It Will never be mistaken for stock. Not overly loud and my mechanic (car god) says it sounds exotic, well built, and tastefully tuned. It took us, with the use of a lift, about 20 to 30 min. to install including trimming the bumper cut outs for heat clearance.

I also replaced the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs. I went with the factory motorcraft platinum plugs. The plug wells were dry, but the outer seals were leaking enough to get an oil smell when it was cold out due to shrinkage of the old style gray seals. This job is not for the faint of heart and you must set aside a full day to do it. It took me, by myself 5.5 hours in a shop to complete. I am very anal (torqued every nut and bolt, cleaned every thing I touched) so i’m sure that didn’t help with the time spent.

All in all the car runs great and sounds great. I can’t wait to drive it again today.

Isn’t it awesome how we get so excited about this car. I’ve had my LS8 sport for three years now and every day is like the first day I got it. Only now it has a new attitude.

Awesome. Is there any specific part number or series I should reference when I look into the exhaust system. I know for flowmaster for example, they have a series number...

Thanks,
Steve

Check out www.driverfx.com

MAGNAFLOW1.jpg

PC231811.JPG

Fits perfect! I was amazed at how quickly and easily the install was. I would hands down recommend this system to anyone.

It sounds like alot of money at first, but when you see how it is seemlessly assembled, and fits so nice. Its a good buy indeed. I was disappointed it wasn't 2.5" like the magnaflow sight says. They could of been honest, its a great system, even though its 2.25"

Members online

No members online now.
Back