Help Car Wont Start, Im Stuck At Work!

elchory1201

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
When i put the key in, the wheel goes down but the key wont turn, the windows do have power and the sunroof too, thats all i can tell, what can i do? PLEASE HELP!!

if the key won't physically turn try jarring the wheel from left to right a few times and wiggling the shifter (trying to get out of park ) a bit with your foot on the brake. probably the shift interlock or steering wheel lock giving you a hard time.

is the key not physically turning to start or is it just not starting? please explain. any cranking, do the lights dim when trying to crank, etc.

re:

no crancking at all, i put the key in and the steering wheel goes down but the key wont turn at all not forward or back, im going to try to see if i activated the anti- theft maybe? ill be right back

if the key doesn't TURN at all, it's a mechanical issue, might try flipping the key over, using graphite in the lock or wiggling the wheel as much as possible while trying to move the key.

and dumb question but are you SURE you have the right key?

re:

just other keys and the remote for the LS, why? i was thinking maybe the chip inside the key went bad? or maybe not? because the steering wheel goes down when key is inserted? i dont know :(

it's mechanical. the chip only talks to the computer and will kill the ignition IIRC. if it doesn't turn it's mechanical.

I was thinking if there was alot of wieght on the key chain that it might have worn the tumbler out prematurely. All that weight on the key bouncing up and down while your driving, not good.

You still trying Hottie?

1-You didin't respond to wiggling the key while wiggling the wheel
2-nor making sure the shifter is in Park
3-and do you have another ignition key

(always a good thign to have stashed!)?

MsM*

its a fuse number 15 if im not mistaken switch it with the other fuse then try to crank it up if that doesnt do it i dont know what will

elchory1201 said:
can it be a fuse?

OK...I about fell off my chair. :)

The way you are listing the problem sounds like a mechanical issue.

its got to be the ignition lock cylinder bring it to the dealer cause they have to set the tumblers in the new cylinder to cut a key.

There is ONLY MECHANICAL issues that keep you from turning the key. Are your wheels turned? I know this has been covered already, but pull the wheel HARD in what ever direction it will go, not against the lock and try again. If that doesn't work...spray some lock ease in there (avilable at auto parts store)...if that doesnt work try kicking th tire...if still no luck call a tow truck.

scjmc said:
There is ONLY MECHANICAL issues that keep you from turning the key. Are your wheels turned? I know this has been covered already, but pull the wheel HARD in what ever direction it will go, not against the lock and try again. If that doesn't work...spray some lock ease in there (avilable at auto parts store)...if that doesnt work try kicking th tire...if still no luck call a tow truck.

The LS doesn't have a locking steering wheel.......

LS4me said:
The LS doesn't have a locking steering wheel.......

I never realized that. Thanks....I just got my car a couple months ago. I am still speaking what I know about the Fords I am used to!

Members online

No members online now.
Back