97 TC 43K mi $3K

k9t8m

Rollin' Twankies
Reaction score
A friend of mine's neighbor just lost her husband, and she is selling her 97 town car with 43k mi because it reminds her of him. The car is absoutely mint. Dealer maintained and serviced. All records kept. She is asking $3500 but my friend said she would take $3k for it. She just wants a quck and smooth sale. If i knew of anyone personally that needed a car I would let them buy it, but I dont. I am thinking about buying it, detailing it (i work at a detail shop) and reselling it. Is there a market for TC's right now? The car books for $8700, and the average pirce on autotrader is over $6k. Im not looking to get rich off this car, i just think its worth more. I figure if i dont sell it for what im asking by xmas ill put it on ebay. But im pretty confident a car like that will sell quickly, aspecually with a low asking price. What do you guys think?

I will be picking the car up by next weekend. If i can get off work.

I agree it is worth more, if i was looking to get another Town Car i would jump on that in a heart beat, that looks like a very good deal someone should but it soon!!!!

Buy It Now! Even if you can't afford it, buy it and the resell it for quite the tidy little profit. The most I usually make in profit on a car is 2 - 3 grand, after pouring a ton of time rebuilding the engine, replacing the interior, or doing bodywork!

NOTE - There is no way to lose money on this car. There is a market for that car, as Town Cars get great gas mileage when compared to equivalent Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac and other rivals. Ford's 4.6 w/ 4sp. AOD setup is the second only to GM's 350 w/700r4 Auto. Just ask a fair price and don't lie about anything, and the car will for what you want and will be a deal for the buyer.

YOU CAN DO IT!
GT6

i would post pics of the car, but its in my hometown, which is about 200mi from where i am now. my friend is going to talk to the owner tomorrow to see if the same price still applys. wish me luck. btw the colors are gold\gold

I drove home and drove the town car today. Its actually a 96, but has a clean carfax, and is absoutely gorgeous. I could only find two cosmetic issues with the car, one being a moderate door ding, and the other being the rear ash try wood surround clips are broken on drivers side. Other than those two things, the car is perfect. No mechanical issues whatsoever. The tires and brakes are even new.

After much debate, and arguing, I have decided to let my dad buy the car, and he is going to sell me his current driver (92 lesabre) for under $500 to use as a winter car, which is what i was going to do with the money i made on the car in the fist place. Ill post some pics in the coming weeks.

Thanks for all the help.

Members online

Back