New Member Woes

beaups

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all, been reading here a while and decided to join and ask for some help while I'm here...

Bought an '03 V8 w/NAV about 3 months ago. PERFECT when I got it. However....

1.) Cracked the steering gear about a month ago. Pump ran somewhat dry a few times, too while waiting a few days for the service appointment. The day I take it in for service I notice a significant decrease in part-throttle power...car seems to need to rev to over 3K or so just for normal acceleration in 1st and 2nd. Dealer replaces steering gear and updates PCM (tranny TSB). I asked them to check p/s pump and they said it was fine. $1,100 later and she shifts great but power still isn't right after all this. Any shot the PS pump is generating too much "load" after being run low a few times?

2.) Now transmission REALLY shifts bad. 2-3 second delay from rev to drive and the 2-3 shift is not right. solenoids? valve body?

3.) The car "rides rough". Happened before the steering issue so I had them check it too. They said no problems. It rode great when I bought it but after a few weeks it just rides badly. Bumps are very harsh, smooth freeways are bumpy. shallow potholes/cracks will knock your fillings out. I'm now getting rattles all over the place...doors, windows, etc. from this. I don't hear any specific clunks but all I can say is it feels like a Mac truck.

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry for the long post.

yes they should
there arn many navis on here but there are a few :)

Crap, 2003 BLACK LINCOLN LS w/Nav systemmmm....it's an LS I promise

Well i think the best thing you can do is just take it in. You should be under warranty correct? I have a 03 LS V8 but I don't have the nav system. I have to take mine in because my heated/cooled seats on driver side stopped working and a cd got stuck in the 6 disc changer which i think is junk by the way...in dash dvd coming soon...anyway I was gonna do it myself being a mechanic and I just remember why I have a warranty, lol! I just don't want to deal with the hassle even though you have to pay a deductable just let them deal with it, besides with all the problems you say your having make some money off that warranty. :)

55K, no warrany. bought w/45K. I drive a lot, no warranty

beaups said:
55K, no warrany. bought w/45K. I drive a lot, no warranty

Where r you located in Ohio? I am sure we can help you out.

-Scott-

I'm located in Hilliard (Columbus area). Thanks!

hye gusy anyone gona Be at Debis house
Next month on the 23rd 24th
for the Meet
that can Help this New guy
with his Naviation Sytem
hes In COlmubus so would be nice to meet him there wouldnt it guys :)

Thanks and I must be a really poor communicator. I went from having problems with my Navigator to now having problems with the Navigation system on my LS. I'm having ride, power, and shifting problems on my LS...thanks for all the responses. This is an amazing forum!

Anyone? No advice on either problem? Thanks in advance....

beaups said:
Thanks and I must be a really poor communicator. I went from having problems with my Navigator to now having problems with the Navigation system on my LS. I'm having ride, power, and shifting problems on my LS...thanks for all the responses. This is an amazing forum!
LOL guys we are blind and all need glasses :slam I got it right away you had a ls with nav and having non nav problems!!! OK just what I have noticed I though my car was getting a little sluggish and could figure out my I (think) I fikxed it when installing gauges (i discontted battery for about half an hour or so and when i plugged it all back in and when to chech out the gauges it worked fine and the car was running stronger) (well at least the BUTTDYNO showed some difference) LOL try it doesnt cost a dime to un hook battery and hook it back up

Members online

No members online now.
Back