Well the Mark is totalled :*(

Blackout

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm out with my buddy from work and his cousin and we were having a good time and I dropped his cousin off at home and I was on my way home. So I'm pulling up to a redlight and as I'm pulling up the light turns green so I'm making my left turn there and the left turn lane is two lanes. So I'm in the left lane and I see an older Camaro coming up on my right hand side. So as I'm making the turn the guy decides he's going to hit it instead of hang back and as you make the left turn the road goes from two lanes to one. So the guy cuts me off, I smack the brakes and the next thing I know the a$$ end of the car comes around and I smack into a tree. I've had the worst 7 hours of my life because I finally had a car in the Mark VIII that I loved with a passion and now its nothing more then a paper weight. God this sucks so much. I must have a curse against me with Lincoln Mark cars. I had a 1986 Mark VII LSC and a guy blew a red light and hit me and now this with my Mark VIII. I just still can't get over that this has happened.

Thats too bad man, I've been there and done that before. Let us know what happens with it, and post some pictures.

Mike

That sucks...

No insurance? meaning no collision I take it... And comp won't cover you hitting the tree....

Do you think that with the talk about killer trees along road sides that maybe you have a chance.... Sorry not trying to rub salt in just trying to lift the spirits a bit..

If no insurance coverage then you may be able to get enough by parting out the car to cover a big enough down payment to work on another Mark VIII?

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.... good luck!

Sorry to hear it, it happened to me back in February. Unfortunately, even though it was his fault we have no fault on property damage here and I had to part the car out to get any money back out of it. I now carry full coverage on the 94.

Well me and Katshot aka dad, went over to the place where it was towed and all I can say is after looking at the car I'm surprised that I only walked away with some bruises and some muscle ache's. But the car is totalled the frame was bent and the whole front clip was of no use. The only thing it had going for it was that it didn't look like it hit the engine. So I go in and talk to the guy and he wanted to know what I wanted to do with it so I just told him that I was just going to ditch the car and move on. So my dad was like lets go to my buddies shop and see if he wants to buy the car (the guy has a scrap yard) so we get there we tell him about it and he goes and looks at it and offered me $200 so I took it handed him the title and took one last pic of it on the flatbed heading to the scrap yard. Well here are some pics I took with my crappy cell phone. I appologize for them being so bad but here they are.

You can see where I hit the tree to the right
showpic.php

Here's how it looks during the day
showpic.php

And here is the last time I will ever see the car (I had to zoom in with the camera so I guess that is why the pic came out so small)
showpic.php

67Continental said:
200 for the whole car? you really should have parted it out, man.

Ya that grill is untouched thats $50 there but hey what can you do. I know exactly how you feel. I had a 97 Continental I got back in January and 3 months later it was gone. I was a half day at school and the car infront of me locks up his breaks as do I and the girl behind me hits me and pushes me into the back of the guy infront of me and sandwiched my car and all I did for 5 minuites was cry. I was cruched I did'nt do anything for month I then I got my Mark in June with the insurance money and I was back Lincoln Pimpin. But I feel for you man.

I mean I know I could have probably gotten more if I parted it out but I live in a condo complex so I have no place to store the car and I'm sure my parents wouldn't want to have that eyesore chilling at their place

But alot of the parts you could have made the money on with little time would have been exterior parts such as turn signals front and back and headlights and trim. And the interior parts, all of that would have fit in a box or two.

Oh well.. I would have loved to get my hands on it for $200.

Blackout said:
I mean I know I could have probably gotten more if I parted it out but I live in a condo complex so I have no place to store the car and I'm sure my parents wouldn't want to have that eyesore chilling at their place

I know how you feel when my conti was totaled out people where telling me I should of bought it back from the insurance company and parted it off. The front left and the radator was gone and the rear bumper on the back was only thing wrong with rear end she got right under my rear all the way to my rear wheel well. But like you said it would be a nusense to keep it around.

What will you drive now? That SRT??

Blackout said:
The SRT is my friends car. But it would be nice to have my parents buy me that car like his parents did

I know I wish my mom could buy me a brand new car. But not really all I need is $8,000 Lincoln. :Beer
brand new $40,000

Members online

Back