Yup, it's broke...

Go Fast Get Tickets

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Another part that can not withstand a 60 mph Dukes of Hazard sideways slide through the hay field. Then again, it could have happened when the car car landed nose first @ 60 just before the Dukes of Hazard thing. Marks are very nose heavy when their traveling north and your looking west out the windshield as you fly off a 6 ft embankment. Luckily it missed the culvert, rip rap, and small clump of trees. Last thing I remember thinking was "Damn, this is gonna hurt" :eek:.

MVC-005L.gif

What in sam hell were you doing? Were you in an accident or just lettin the kid out of you? :lol:

I remember launching a 92 300Z hard top sideways. Scared the hell out of me too. I had just got done doing an incrediable suspension setup in it but had everything set too stiff. I was racing an old early 70's Z28 from a stop light thats two lanes then merges into one lane right before a 90* right hand turn. It was only a 40 MPH zone and I was just in front of the Z28. I figured he would break alot earlier then me but he didnt. A 300Z can WAY out stop and old Camaro so as I braked down from 100 mph to 70 for the corner he taged my passenger rear corner of my bumper causing my to kick my ass out into on coming traffic. I corrected but the car was so stiff it snaped back the other way. On the inside apex of that corner there was a thick ground cable for a power pole at a 45* angle. I slid into that cable dead center on the passenger door. The car stayed flat and slid up that cable about 6' before it went foreward enough to get off it.
There I was flying sideways 6' off the ground at about 40-50 MPH. I was looking out the passenger window at on coming traffic and almost shat myself. :lol: The car landed on all four tires and slid perfectly onto the shoulder 180* from the direction I was traveling. Car was still running and the stereo still playing. It took a few seconds for me to release my death grip from the steering wheel and get out to inspect the car. There was allot of traffic but not one person stopped. :lol: I got out and looked at the car. I split 3 of my brand new wheels (real OZ 3-piece 18") in half and the body kit (Stillen GTR) was busted to crap on the passenger side but there was no body dammage at all. I was so relieved.... untill the insurance company totaled it cause it had $16,000 in suspension dammage. Everything was bent. :( Oh well, took the money and bought a Cobra. :D

What in sam hell were you doing? Were you in an accident or just lettin the kid out of you? :lol:

Dozed off at the wheel after a couple of 16 on 8 off work days. Happened at night so no traffic to speak off. Had to call my brother to come get me.

I wanna see the car after a jump like that.

It was not a bad as you would think. The Mark is really structurally secure. I was impressed, took a hard hit on the nose. I figured car was toast after that.

I remember launching a 92 300Z hard top sideways. Scared the hell out of me too. I had just got done doing an incrediable suspension setup in it but had everything set too stiff. I was racing an old early 70's Z28 from a stop light thats two lanes then merges into one lane right before a 90* right hand turn. It was only a 40 MPH zone and I was just in front of the Z28. I figured he would break alot earlier then me but he didnt. A 300Z can WAY out stop and old Camaro so as I braked down from 100 mph to 70 for the corner he taged my passenger rear corner of my bumper causing my to kick my ass out into on coming traffic. I corrected but the car was so stiff it snaped back the other way. On the inside apex of that corner there was a thick ground cable for a power pole at a 45* angle. I slid into that cable dead center on the passenger door. The car stayed flat and slid up that cable about 6' before it went foreward enough to get off it.
There I was flying sideways 6' off the ground at about 40-50 MPH. I was looking out the passenger window at on coming traffic and almost shat myself. :lol: The car landed on all four tires and slid perfectly onto the shoulder 180* from the direction I was traveling. Car was still running and the stereo still playing. It took a few seconds for me to release my death grip from the steering wheel and get out to inspect the car. There was allot of traffic but not one person stopped. :lol: I got out and looked at the car. I split 3 of my brand new wheels (real OZ 3-piece 18") in half and the body kit (Stillen GTR) was busted to crap on the passenger side but there was no body dammage at all. I was so relieved.... untill the insurance company totaled it cause it had $16,000 in suspension dammage. Everything was bent. :( Oh well, took the money and bought a Cobra. :D

Not a good feeling at all. I can relate to the death grip :)

Landed pass side nose first.
MVC-856X.gif

Drivers hood gap
MVC-854X.gif

Drivers door/fender gap
MVC-852X.gif

Bare spot where nose landed
MVC-841X.gif

Culvert
MVC-840X.gif

Rip rap. Back of car went over the big rocks. Trashed my new MF 40 muffs.
MVC-843X.gif

Where it all started.
MVC-837X.gif

Close to 1/2" out of square to drivers side before the struts and pass side nose up another close 1/2". Had to replace the rack, pressure PS hose, drivers side rear hub bearings, pass side front hub assembly, and 4 flat spotted damn near new Triple Treads. Have a friend at the local body shop and he squared it back up off the clock for me.

Should have let it go off right side of road, would have been smoother and cheaper ride :D. But I tried to get it back on the road and yanked the wheel instead of slowing down and pulling back on like your taught :D.

Every time I get under the front I still pull dirt, dried grass/weeds from somewhere :).

i was gonna say those body lines show some frame tweaks sounds like you got it taken care of though

those snowflakes look super clean, did you repaint them? if so what kind of paint did you use? looks good

i was gonna say those body lines show some frame tweaks sounds like you got it taken care of though

My friend took his time on the frame rack and did a good job. Another friend does alignment/front end work at the local Chevy stealership and he gave it a clean bill of health after all was replaced/straightened up.

those snowflakes look super clean, did you repaint them? if so what kind of paint did you use? looks good

Thanks. No paint. Lots of elbow grease, wheel cleaner, scrubbing bubbles, and a couple wheel/tooth brushes. I'm anal retentive when it come to cleaning/detailing. Took the better part of a Sunday to do all four.

Running off the road in the middle of nowhere sucks.:shifty: I was driving a cavilier and switching cell phone calls.:D In looking down, i grabbed sand on the side of the road and when i tried to recover (just started raining) i started sliding. I ended up doing a 420* spin. I slid off the road sideways and i don't know why it didn't flip but it slid about 50 ft. in the dirt and rocks. I tore 3 out of 4 of my tires off the rim and had to replace 2 rims, but the suspension wasn't much worse than it already was.:cool: And before you ask, it was a girlfriends car. I don't drive cav's:cool:

Man....glad our alive.
That could have been very bad.

+1

Your are lucky also cause when I Dozed off I hit a huge (in my eyes at least) curb just missed the light pole and cause I had 3 flat tires and bent rims after the curb it didnt turn or brake well and clipped a tree

Running off the road in the middle of nowhere sucks.:shifty: I was driving a cavilier and switching cell phone calls.:D In looking down, i grabbed sand on the side of the road and when i tried to recover (just started raining) i started sliding. I ended up doing a 420* spin. I slid off the road sideways and i don't know why it didn't flip but it slid about 50 ft. in the dirt and rocks. I tore 3 out of 4 of my tires off the rim and had to replace 2 rims, but the suspension wasn't much worse than it already was.:cool: And before you ask, it was a girlfriends car. I don't drive cav's:cool:

Both pass side tire beads were packed with dirt/grass but held up. I think that keptit from rolling.

Man....glad our alive.
That could have been very bad.

Thanks Nut. Had both windows down and roof open so it wouldn't have been pretty. I do wear my seat belt though, but still thought I was toast :D.

+1

Your are lucky also cause when I Dozed off I hit a huge (in my eyes at least) curb just missed the light pole and cause I had 3 flat tires and bent rims after the curb it didnt turn or brake well and clipped a tree

Glad you made it out OK as well. If I would have hit the culvert or went into the rocks it would have sucked big time.

Very lucky dude. My father just fell asleep at the wheel last month and veered off just like that. Unfortunatly he plowed through a motorcycle charity ride and killed three people. :(
IMGP0039-1.jpg

Drowsy driving is no joke. Glad you're ok, and the damage could have been a lot worse!

Wish we could've seen a video clip of that. "Dukes of Hazzard sideways slide through a hayfield" is a great way to describe it.

Drowsy driving is no joke. Glad you're ok, and the damage could have been a lot worse!

Wish we could've seen a video clip of that. "Dukes of Hazzard sideways slide through a hayfield" is a great way to describe it.

My stepson loved that show. He called Dukes n Hazard :D. I wathced it for Catherine Bach hubba, hubba.

Members online

No members online now.
Back