What is it?

Jporter

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just noticed today when I was vaccuuming the car,under the dash on the drivers side there's what appears to be a brass screw about 1/2 inch long and on the end there's a knob of some kind that twists to the left and right. Being curious,I turned it (both ways) and nothing noticeable happened. Anyone have any idea what it is?

Jporter said:
I just noticed today when I was vaccuuming the car,under the dash on the drivers side there's what appears to be a brass screw about 1/2 inch long and on the end there's a knob of some kind that twists to the left and right. Being curious,I turned it (both ways) and nothing noticeable happened. Anyone have any idea what it is?

your broken.

Markviiiedrea said:
some one before you put that in , there should be nothing under there
HMM......I wonder why? and what for? I think I'll disconnect the wire and pull the bolt out and see what happens. curiouser and curiouser......

It's a black and white wire that goes under the dash and then I lose it in the tangle of the other wires. I don't think I'll take the whole dash apart to find out, whenever I take something apart there's always stuff left over. But,then again I'm the curious type and I hate NOT knowing what something is or does. Especially AFTER it peaks my curiousity. I called the guy I bought the car from,but he's on vacation so he can't tell me. Atleast, not yet anyway. When I turn the end either left to right or right to left where the black cap/knob is I can feel and hear it clicking like there were equal notches around the shft,until it gets to about midway and then it stops like the objective/focus knob on a pair of binoculars or target scope. It's driving me crazy not knowing what it does.

Its the weight adjustment for the passenger ejection seat. Turn it clockwise for heavier passengers. Don't forget to open the sunroof.

That's a good one, I can think of alot a people I'd like to to take for a ride and launch into the outer hemisphere. By the way, it's a switch for aftermarket fog lights, guy I bought it from broke the switch that came with the kit and mickey moused one with stuff he had lying around. :N

Members online

No members online now.
Back