What did you do to your LS today?

Yesterday:

04 LSE, finally found some time to get an alignment done, mostly because the steering pad was off center and if anything bothers me most in this world is cars with steering wheel not true center. It wasn't pulling to either side but with the winter stockers and winter tires re-balanced it's what it needed.

Bought and added some new fresh black winter mats.

STP injector cleaner and topped up the tank, power spray at the wash bays on the way home ... she drives and feels like a new LS (if even possible)

Do have to add my coil covers back on soon.

Slight bang in and out of park into reverse, sometimes and other times not. Shifting to Neutral and pausing works for now. It's not all that bad but I fully understand it's going to need a Shift Solenoid and trans fluid/filter change. With any luck, it will be the next guys' problem.

Didn't do anything on the LS but got a nice car cover for it from my mom for christmas lol. Pretty stoked cuz i got a camo tarp wrapped around her to save her from the rain and snow lol... WIN_20161225_09_18_37_Pro.jpg

WIN_20161225_09_18_37_Pro.jpg

Finally bought my first LS! Been researching and reading this forum for over six months since deciding that the LS was the perfect platform to build a mild sleeper with my 15 y/o son. Bought a 2006 with <100k miles from a guy who really needed to pay rent and got it for $2000 as opposed to his asking price of $3500. Car is in mint condition and drives great. Driving it on the way home, I was going through the parts list in my head to do the full cooling system rebuild (per this forum) when you guessed it, she started overheating (I knew better than to romp on it that hard getting on the freeway before getting her home and checking her over). Needless to say I didn't want to do any damage, so I called a tow truck to have her brought back home. Ordered all the parts I needed today and should have them here by the weekend. Thanks to all of the regulars who have posted very informative and insightful posts that have helped educate me and build a good solid plan and budget for the build!
2115c1c17c740fe2ba9849e716ea58dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

^^^ wow, sweet deal!

Last night I was at a restaurant and returned to the LS to find a new crack in the rear bumper. Seems like someone backed into it pretty good (and then drove off) since it also seems to be pulling to the right now. Need to figure out if this is insurance claim material, or what. Funny that I was concerned about cooling system/coils/etc. but really my main problem so far has been other people running things into it. :(

Wanted to do something nice for the LS in the meantime, so replaced all the interior and license lights with these LEDs. VLEDs seem to be a lot more expensive than they were in old threads here; these definitely spruced the car up a lot for ten bucks. Only problem is there are seven cabin LEDs and four around the license plate so I'm one short...

Last night I was at a restaurant and returned to the LS to find a new crack in the rear bumper. Seems like someone backed into it pretty good (and then drove off) since it also seems to be pulling to the right now. Need to figure out if this is insurance claim material, or what. Funny that I was concerned about cooling system/coils/etc. but really my main problem so far has been other people running things into it. :(

Well if it helps any, I made a claim for the front bumper on mine when a major company had a piece of rebar sticking up about 2.5 inches above the concrete block in the parking lot. Ripped it off its upper right passenger mount pretty good. That ended up settling out at about $1300 bucks. That rebar (and others) were pounded in the next day. lol

Welcome to LVC Cypress, sweet LS you scored there. Bit of fixing and she'll be a nice ride. Add a tune and she might be a little sleeper but somewhat limited. Either or ... great fun

I watched my shiny new LS pee on the driveway! So I have all the parts coming for the cooling system overhaul, but I decided just to do a quick system fill/bleed to see what would happen. Two gallons of 50/50 later and the engine just starting to warm up and I see this. Guess I'll just have to wait until this weekend.
a129111c2f9dd974b805d87d926885c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Im re wiring the speakers in the doors and 6x9s to install a double din hopefully next amp and woofers. I also get to tackle my driver door pannel so i can figure out why my wondow doesnt go up.o yea and im replacing a door handle on driver side

Shame someone had to put holes in that 06 LS bumper cover to merly hang a plate in such stupid location.

Welcome to LVC Dan

I installed a new Kenwood head unit and 2 Infinity Kappa 12s. I'm using a 611A monoblock for the subs and a 1500W amp for 2 sets of 5 1/2" component speakers in the doors of my 2002 LS. All the speakers and amps are Infinity and I'm pretty happy with how good it sounds. The Mids and highs are awesome and seem like they can take all the power they can get. I decided to go all Infinity after listening to my buddy's system in his Durango, that setup is all Infinity and will rattle your fillings loose. Next up for the LS is some new exhaust, this car is way too quiet for me so the stock setup has to go.
27-1_zpsu6va4ali.jpg20161217_094908.jpg25-1.jpg

27-1_zpsu6va4ali.jpg

20161217_094908.jpg

25-1.jpg

1001872815_1_1000x700_infinity-reference-611a-monoblock-amplifier-sandton.jpg

Im re wiring the speakers in the doors and 6x9s to install a double din hopefully next amp and woofers. I also get to tackle my driver door pannel so i can figure out why my wondow doesnt go up.o yea and im replacing a door handle on driver side

Danboi - lots of fun. I recently tried to replace my drivers door handle with no luck. The reason was that I purchased one from rockauto and it was not the correct handle. Sent it back and bought one from amazon - same thing. These handles do not have the necessary slot action to unlock the door as you pull the handle. So if u install one of these you must unlock the door and then pull the handle. They work like rear seat handles.
If u get one and it's correct please inform where u got it. Thanks.
As for window it'll probably be obvious once u get the door panel off. Good luck.

Had same thing happen to my Navigator. Not 100% but am almost sure it happened at home depot in the 'pro' parking area. Someone hit the front end, lodged under the license plate then pulled away bending the plate up and pulling some of the bumper apart. This was a $1200 fix of which $500 was my deductible. Now i no longer park in the pro area. I ONLY park in one of the two rows which have a pedestrian walkway separating them. Cant hit me now, pros.

Those do seem very nice, any flickering with these? Do they stay on, dimmed lightly when you lock up the car and go out fully after 30 min?

Yeah, they do exactly that. I ordered a few different resistors to try but I would also be content to leave it as is, kind of like the subtle light under the dash actually. No flickering. They make lights that I think will fit the puddles, too, gonna have to try those someday.

But first, got to fix a chirpy belt, probably going to have some questions for you all about diagnosing belt noise with the intake outlet in the way since that's new to me.

Replace the serpentine belt on my '04 V8 Sport yesterday - not the most fun job and scratched the hell out of the back of my fat hands. Found that a long heavy wire J-hook garden potted plant hanger to be an indispensable tool. Had to loosen the belt tensioner mounting bolt to get the old belt off and the new one on. I remember to re-tighten the tensioner's mounting bolt, but now she is making a few ticking sounds on a cold start-up. Maybe I should have replaced the serpentine belt tensioner as well?

Is is more of a snapping sound (loader than ticking). I found this video on youtube that captures the noise;

After doing some more digging and research on TSB 08-16-5.

Lincoln Workshop Manuals > LS V8-3.9L VIN A (2003) > Engine, Cooling and Exhaust > Engine > Drive Belts, Mounts, Brackets and Accessories > Idler Pulley > Component Information > Technical Service Bulletins > Customer Interest for Idler Pulley: > 08-16-5 > Aug > 08 > Engine - Drive Belt Snap Noise In Extreme Cold

I ordered both a new tensioner (just to be on the safe side) as well as a new idler pulley. The revised idler pulley design has ridges on side to keep the belt aligned on the pulley, which solves the problem.

l_ZO_38001_Fro.jpg
$_1.jpg

Sorry if I am rehashing an old issue.

Had the same issue/sound on cold start on my 04 LSE shortly after I took possession of it.
Resolved by replacing the tensioner also. Did belt and pulleys at the same time. Nice and smooth since.

+1

I drove it!

Yes, I had coil issues and a real strange bad plug with 20K on it, fixed those just before the snow flew, and it had been garaged since. We had a couple of dry days with no wet roads anywhere around, so I took it to the store last night. Sure felt strange, but the handling was crisp with the summer tires still fitted. I was amazed at the lack of noise, compared to the WRX I drive in the winter! All in all, a very nice time. More snow in NH tonight, so that could be it for being driven for awhile.

Members online

Back