Tranny Fixed...but

Fatmac

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and had my trans done on my 03 LS (V8). 5 Days in the shop shifts well enough a little vibration starting off in 1st,2nd,3rd. Only 300 miles on it so far. The shop had to replace my PCM due to it shifting incorrectly. Now my ABS light is on and so is traction control. I've been thru this once with my Dodge Durango with buying the part at the local parts store. Finally got one thru the Dealer (ouch) but it worked.
I'm just looking for a little feedback before I take it back to the shop.
Any and all is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Fatmac

Need to know the specific fault codes.

Thanks Joe,
These are the codes they pulled before the work.
P1700, P0405, P0420, P1000, B2328, U1041, B1875, U1262.
These are the codes I pulled this morning after I found my code reader.
P0606, P2107, P0308, P0316, P0405, P0420 and P0430.
I have a small vacuum leak in one of my hoses which is throwing my 405, 420, 430 code.
I've cleaned it and reseated it and those codes go away, and I'll change out my #8 coil pack.
I have never got the 0606, and 2107 before.
Thanks Joe,
Jack

You need a scan tool that can pull the ABS codes. The "P" codes that you pulled are just the generic OBDII emission codes for the engine.

P0606 indicates a faulty PCM and you should do something about that first, but it's very unlikely to have anything to do with your ABS problems.
P2107 is an ETC code, and probably has to do with your PCM problem.

U1262 is a can bus fault, it may or may not be related to the PCM and ABS problems
B1875 indicates a failing multi-function switch. Do your turn signal sometimes not work correctly?
U1041 indicates that the ABS is not always sending speed data to the PCM.
B2328 indicates an issue with the position sensor on the telescope function of the steering column.

Yeah, all I have to read codes is a little Innova.
But before I toke the car in I wasn't having any trouble with the turn signals or ABS.
Like I mentioned before I went through this same deal with a aftermarket PCM from Carone
bought thru O Riely's.
Thanks for your input.
JE

Members online

Back