Octane: Pic - Rear airbag mod

Was thinking about this today. By drilling new holes, and cutting the plastic base of the rear air bag, it wouldn't shorten the shock travel, thus believe Ren is right about original ride quality at a lowered height via these two methods.

With only sensor lowering there would be less air in the front strut, thus would reduce shock travel, (the bumps), even if the air pressure remains constant at all heights.

Exactly right.

Yes, I did a wheel alignment after I did this mod. Thread wear on my tires have been pretty even to date. As far as wear, I haven't noticed any parts wear since the installation.

-Ren

Thanks Guys!
I have the Asham 8 installed and can notice a difference in ride quality on the hwy, when I have the M8 at the height I like. It's nothing drastic, still why not have the best ride at the height you like!

The detailed steps for the front are awesome! Are there any on cutting the rear bag plastic?

I would think you have to cut it evenly all the way around and could do so by measuring the 15.5 mm and drawing a line and cutting that. Is a grinder, sawsall or hacksaw best? And what you keep turning the shock as you cut it? I know you can't cut right through due to locking pin in the centre of shock (cutting that down should be the easy part?)

Thanks Guys!
I have the Asham 8 installed and can notice a difference in ride quality on the hwy, when I have the M8 at the height I like. It's nothing drastic, still why not have the best ride at the height you like!

The detailed steps for the front are awesome! Are there any on cutting the rear bag plastic?

I would think you have to cut it evenly all the way around and could do so by measuring the 15.5 mm and drawing a line and cutting that. Is a grinder, sawsall or hacksaw best? And what you keep turning the shock as you cut it? I know you can't cut right through due to locking pin in the centre of shock (cutting that down should be the easy part?)

I showed and explained all I did to rear bags in my post?

Thanks Right On The Mark :)

I did look at your post and seen lots in there! I didn't see the step by step, but was tired...I will take a second look!

Thanks Right On The Mark :)

I did look at your post and seen lots in there! I didn't see the step by step, but was tired...I will take a second look!
Thanks I did find the instructions, looking forward to get both front and rear done - if it was only warmer or if I had a heated garage...

Members online

No members online now.
Back