how much for coil conversion?

sho89mtx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I noticed an article written about changing the air struts over to coils. How expensive is this process and what is the benefit of them? Does it make it ride better or worse?

thanks,
scott

$500 for a front and rear coilover suspension conversion kit with te 2" drop. I love it. Great ride and at the sametime your not looking at having to pay over a grand just to replace the front suspension is the airbags blow

You get 25% discount from Strutmasters if you are a LvC Gold Member.

I am sure you can do it for a lot less than $500 I was looking into it before I sold my 94 Mark VIII and it was a tad over $300.

Contact Strutmasters..

I bet they will post on this thread soon!!

mespock said:
You get 25% discount from Strutmasters if you are a LvC Gold Member.

I am sure you can do it for a lot less than $500 I was looking into it before I sold my 94 Mark VIII and it was a tad over $300.

Contact Strutmasters..

I bet they will post on this thread soon!!

My bad I ment Struts R Us....

I saw a replacement for airbag suspension on Ebay for
$385. It isn't that hard to remove and replace your bags. The key is removing the air out of the bad prior to pulling them out. That is easily done by rotating the valve located on the side of the airbag to the down position. No ball joints or sway bars need to be removed only 5 bolts for each bag.

Evian said:
I saw a replacement for airbag suspension on Ebay for
$385. It isn't that hard to remove and replace your bags. The key is removing the air out of the bad prior to pulling them out. That is easily done by rotating the valve located on the side of the airbag to the down position. No ball joints or sway bars need to be removed only 5 bolts for each bag.
Since my struts were bad all I did was just got my drill and drilled a hole in the bag

Blackout said:
$500 for a front and rear coilover suspension conversion kit with te 2" drop. I love it. Great ride and at the sametime your not looking at having to pay over a grand just to replace the front suspension is the airbags blow

Air bags ROCK. I Love the adjustability and I would never be "Stuck" at one height. The bags for the front are $175.00 each new, the rears are $99.00? Where do you get the grand figures from?

I would never argue with you air ride enthusiasts. But the day I converted, I needed new fronts, new rears, a compressor, a dryer, and when I added that all up(even with a discount), I was looking at close to a grand.

I have air ride in our 97...and I love it. I have coils in my 94, and with the lowering kit, an added rear swaybar, and some fatter tires, I can out-handle the 97 LSC on any road, any time.

I dont consider myself "stuck" at my height...I consider myself "lucky" that I never have to worry about the car changing heights without my permission(as in HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS).

having a fully-adjustable, computerized ride control suspension system is a neat novelty...but only if you need it, or want it. I didnt. Nor did I want to worry about defective, leaking air bags, or a computer issue later.

Its up to you. Its your car.

if you want a killer set up for coils...contact me. I have your answers. I have written tech articles on these things, and I can give you honest, un-biased answers, as I have driven on new stock height coils, new lowered coils, new air ride parts, and old everything. I KNOW the difference. I will never try to influence anyone in any decisison. I will simply help you discover what your priorities are, as well as your needs. Once you figure out what YOU want, I can help you find a source.

Prices for these kits on the market are pretty much the same...$400+ freight, give or take. You have options for whatever you want to do.

Good luck.

Last edited:
sho89mtx, if you will go to our vendor section, on this forum, you will see that we are offering the Mark VIII 4 wheel conversion kits to ALL members of this forum for just $350 DELIVERED. All conversion kits for other vehicles are as mespock said, 25% off for all LVC GOLD MEMBERS. If you have any questions about our products or services please feel free to ask, and I will do my best to answer any qestions or concerns.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team
(866)597-2397

Members online

No members online now.
Back