How does one reinstall the air hose line to the suspension airbag valve?

Evian

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I managed to locate two good suspension airbags for my mark VIII. I am not sure if my old bags are bad or if it is the valve. I got new valves but I am not sure how to install the old air line to the new valve. I see an orange type washer holding the inner tube tightly in place. How do I remove the old tubing and install the old tubing onto the valve that holds the air in the bag? Any help in this will be greatly appreciated. Tomorrow, I plan on removing my old bags and installing these junkyard bags in. I got lucky. I found a 1996 Mark VIII with only 60,000 miles on it in the junkyard. The bags are in great shape. :F

Evian said:
I managed to locate two good suspension airbags for my mark VIII. I am not sure if my old bags are bad or if it is the valve. I got new valves but I am not sure how to install the old air line to the new valve. I see an orange type washer holding the inner tube tightly in place. How do I remove the old tubing and install the old tubing onto the valve that holds the air in the bag? Any help in this will be greatly appreciated. Tomorrow, I plan on removing my old bags and installing these junkyard bags in. I got lucky. I found a 1996 Mark VIII with only 60,000 miles on it in the junkyard. The bags are in great shape. :F

Do any of these Mark's have an intact grille?

Evian said:

The orange ring is attached to a brass collet that grips the line, while an o-ring behind the collet seals the line. Use a small open end wrench to hold the orange ring down, push in on the hose first and then pull out. If they are the original solenoids then it may take a couple tries to get the collets to release.

Mike Donley

The two Mark VIIIs I saw in the junkyard were both hit in the front. Looks to me like they were speeding. Would love to find a rearended one. Both had a lot of good parts still on them. You Pull It is very reasonable with the pricing. I could get the taillight assembly for $28. Everyone knows that a taillight assembly for a second generation Mark VIII is worth a small fortune at the dealership. Both of these Mark VIII were 1995 models.

Members online

Back