" Help " My key wouldn't turn the ignition

jagerme911

LVC Member
Reaction score
2002 Ls V8 144k Got in my car after work and the key wouldn't turn the ignition? The key went in...the ding came on...BUT it wouldn't turn at ALL!!! tried pushing it in and out...checked the shifter??? Tried this a number of times I was about to give up! Tried it once more...And it worked? ANYONE EVER have this happen?

Sometimes my key wouldn't go in when the steering wheel was locked, never had it happen on my LS though just my truck. Took a little jiggle and love to get the key to turn in the ignition.

I've only been on here since July this year, not saying I've read every post but this is a first for me.

Try to use some lock lube in the cylinder.

Try another key for the vehicle.

Sometimes my key wouldn't go in when the steering wheel was locked, never had it happen on my LS though just my truck. Took a little jiggle and love to get the key to turn in the ignition.

I've only been on here since July this year, not saying I've read every post but this is a first for me.

The LS doesnt have a steering wheel lock.

Dam KEY?

I will try some lube...AND...My other key....BUT of course it's working fine....FOR THE MOMENT...Right Now!

Try a new key. High mileage leads to worn down keys. Your key may not be hitting the tumblers correctly anymore.

Do not get a copy of the current key. Go to the dealer and have them check the Ford computer to get the key code that matches your car. They will cut a key from that code.

Members online

No members online now.
Back