Help me out found a new car.

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i was just browsing around autotrader and came across this so i wmailed the lady and within seconds i recieved an email back. this is what she sent me. what do you think of this. SCAM....

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for contact me and your interest in my car.
I know there are numerous offers and I'm glad that you choose to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase.
The car is as good as new so you don't have to worry. Here are the most important details about the car:
- US car (US model, US specs)
- odometer in Miles, speedometer in Miles per Hour (MPH)
This car meets all Environmental Regulations in the USA (DOT, EPA).
It has a clear title issued in US and it can be registred anytime under your name without a problem. I will send you with the car the Bill Of Sale for you not have never problem to registered the car in your name and for this deal will be legitime. It's absolutely perfect, it has a clear title, has never been repaired, never been involved in any type of accident or had any paint or body work done! My husband was recently promoted so we had to move in Ireland. I live in Dublin, Ireland, now where European specs are different from the American ones. I listed the car as from USA because the website didn't let me to use my country. We brought the car with US in Dublin, Ireland, wanting to register it here, but I couldn't because in order to get it registered here it will need serious engine modifications to comply with the EU emission standards. So that is why I prefer to sell it quick now and get rid of it while I still can, because time is running and I can't keep it like that, there is a deadline term when I must pay the import tax, so I can't afford to lose time and I prefer to make some money while I still can. And, also it costs me too much driving this car legally here and also there is nobody interested in buying it here that's why I am selling it so cheap hoping to find a buyer in the US where it belongs. The best and fastest way I can ship with is using Lufthansa Air Cargo and it takes between 9-10 days to arrive at your home address and we will use a safe payment method I am affiliated at Square Trade, I have a a purchase protection account for $20000 and I assume you know what this means. I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.

Thank you,
Karlye.

heres the link http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...sp=y&engine=&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=300

that's a toughy. does sound shady but might not be. you may want to discuss with your attorney. nonetheless if you move forward I would absolutely make sure you use an escrow service that YOU choose. DO NOT let her point you to an escrow service! and that price seems WAY too good to be true...

one more thing. I've never been to alabama and I've never been to ireland. those pictures are near nice cactus and the mountains. doesn't look like either place. listing says located in alabama and turns out to be in ireland? seems shady.

My buddys parents just bought a '02 LS430 with the ultraluxury package.. the chrome rims, sunroof, heated/cooled seats, rear seats recline/can control all options from rear, as well as rear heated seats, navigation, etc.. and they got it for a steal of 37k ish.. there is no way that is a legit sale, or the car has had major major damage.

Umm Flood damage all the way! Or just a looter who hit it big.

-Scott-

Members online

No members online now.
Back