Dust inside HID's

Aviatorguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have notices that my HID units have a film of dust on the lens on the inside. When I wash my car and the lights are nice and clean you can see this film of dust. The lens on my car are in excellent conditiion as they are not scratched or pitted. Anyone else have this problem and if you do any ideas on how to remove that dust from the inside. I dont know if removing the units and then removing the bulbs and then blowing high pressured air inside would cure the problem. Guve me some ideas guys.

Well, considering I have had only one 03 and up headlight apart I can only think of two things it could be. One is that some sort of gas has dissipated inside the headlights and stained the inside of the headlight. Or, the lense wasn't very clean when they were formed together. If it's under warranty I'd just have the replace it. It will only get worse over time IMHO.

I have the same issue on mine. I think they are just not assembled in a very clean environment and with the precision of the HID beam you can see it. I've noticed it on brand new models too, so I'm guessing if you get them replaced under warranty you'll still have the issue. Your air thing "might" work.

Members online

Back